Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SBR Engraving Fail

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post

Did you not do that? I’m thinking now you may have some responsibility with the issue
    He gave them his rifle to be engraved without telling them what he wanted engraved on it. They received a rifle to be engraved without asking what he wanted engraved on it. I’m inclined to apportion the blame at 50-50.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Good, fast, cheap.

Pick 2

Feedback Score
    One last comment. Every SBR I’ve had engraved, there was a section of the form or document that required me to state in very clear, printed English EXACTLY what I wanted engraved.
    Though recently I have started adding the information that I'm going to engrave in this box, I have plenty of approved Form 1's that were approved without this information.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Though recently I have started adding the information that I'm going to engrave in this box, I have plenty of approved Form 1's that were approved without this information.
    I think he’s talking about paperwork with the engraver.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I’m thinking now you may have some responsibility with the issue.
    Believe me, I fully accept the responsibility. It was on me to make sure it was done correctly, and that didn't happen. In my own defense, these guys were supposedly more knowledgeable and qualified than me. In hindsight there most definitely should have been better communication beforehand and I should have told them specifically and in detail what I wanted. That's part of why it sucks so bad, it always stings a little more when you (should) know better. You can bet I won't make the same mistake again, hopefully this thread helps somebody avoid it in the first place.

That said, I think I know what I'm going to do. After reading some suggestions here and doing some research based on that, I came across a couple of references to a company out of Texas that looks like they can help me out, Intent Marking. www.identmarking.com The guy I talked to had a couple of options and was very confident about their experience, quality, and what they can do for me. He also mentioned that had THEY screwed up my lower, they would in fact cover all the costs of a new stamp, lower, and associated costs, etc. That's got me leaning towards having it fixed and then moving on. It's an extra few weeks and additional expense, but in the long run if it works out I think I'll be happier.

As far as getting money back from the first place, now that I have a more clear idea of options, we'll see how that goes next week. A refund probably, but I have a feeling reimbursements aren't going to happen. They didn't offer either when I first informed them of the mistake.

Feedback Score
    Man I hope you can get your $$ back. Thats insane.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHawk82 View Post
    Man I hope you can get your $$ back. Thats insane.
    I got a refund for the initial engraving, but it will be $150 plus shipping to have it filled, re-engraved, and cerakote.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was at Ident marking yesterday, and they engraved several of my guns over the years. Great guys, excellent service, honest prices. Jason and Trent know their shit and are very professional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Just curious, how did he get all of that information to begin with? Did you hand him all the NFA paperwork?

My engraver just had me write down on the form what I wanted and where.

XXXXXX TRUST
    XXXXXX, WA

Same here, and after he got all his gear set up he printed a test and brought it to me and said read this... this is exactly what will be cut. ... and you want it right here, right?... pointing to the receiver location.

BTW anyone in Richmond, VA --- these guys know what they are doing. http://customengravingandsigns.com/ ... Off Staples Mill Rd... not too far from AmTrak station.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I was at Ident marking yesterday, and they engraved several of my guns over the years. Great guys, excellent service, honest prices. Jason and Trent know their shit and are very professional.
    Jason is who I talked to. I appreciate the additional endorsement.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast