Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: What Agency just granted STI a contract?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If a couple thousand bucks for pistols gets your hackles up, then you are truly ignorant how much money the gov't wastes on an hourly basis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    So...a group that is known for going after the worst of the worst in U.S. and abroad are a bunch of LARPer’s because they chose a 2011 and wear multi-cam?

I really don’t know what to say....
    Just a regular guy's opinion, mostly based on optics as I'm non-LE.

Camo looks really "try hard cool guy" when used in any role that doesn't involve guys actually hiding in terrain and using camo. Obviously military guys need camo. Maybe special border patrol guys, or LE groups that do some kind of sneaking through the woods as a normal tactic.

For normal LE SWAT type stuff where guys are rolling up in marked cars or carriers there seems to be no need for camo. Sheriff green looks the most professional and not like cool guy LARPing. I have no issue with all the 5.11 gear, plate carriers, etc.

Morale patches or any of that is extremely unprofessional and childish in my opinion for non military guys. Same for beards on guys who aren't operating around indigenous tribes in the ME.

Regarding the pistols, I tend to agree with jpmuscle here. The marginal increase in shootability versus the dollars spent doesn't seem to be worth it, even if it wasn't taxpayer funded. Glocks with RMRs and I suppose an aftermarket trigger (liability issues aside) would seem to cover what these guys need while being a perfectly reasonable cost.

Feedback Score
    People are sure angry about a decision that does not affect them.

A group of cops tested guns. They chose the highest performer. There is no reason for degrading them and calling them a bunch of names because you wouldn’t have made their decision. People need to get over themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I’m still trying to figure out what the race gun is people keep referring to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    People are sure angry about a decision that does not affect them.
    You seem to make a living insinuating that people are internalizing things way beyond reason. I honestly don't care what guns people use, or what gun an agency uses. As someone who carried a weapon for a living, I know how minor considerations about weapon A vs weapon B really are in the grander scheme of the skills required in an LE job. That said, looking at a problem objectively and seeing that they are overpaying for a weapon system whose only advantage over competitors is raw accuracy on a flat range isn't getting butthurt.

It is objective analysis.

Logic is hard, I know, but you might try it once in a while.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    You seem to make a living insinuating that people are internalizing things way beyond reason. I honestly don't care what guns people use, or what gun an agency uses. As someone who carried a weapon for a living, I know how minor considerations about weapon A vs weapon B really are in the grander scheme of the skills required in an LE job. That said, looking at a problem objectively and seeing that they are overpaying for a weapon system whose only advantage over competitors is raw accuracy on a flat range isn't getting butthurt.

It is objective analysis.

Logic is hard, I know, but you might try it once in a while.
    What did they pay for the guns?

Feedback Score
    What did they pay for the guns?
    Your attempts at cleverness are cute.

There is no way, short of robbery, that they could get those guns cheaper than a Glock 19/17/34 MOS with an RMR. Or any competitive duty pistol set up with an RMR. Or even something like an SAO Sig Legion with an RMR. Given that the MSRP of the pistols as configured is north of $2,000, you could buy two or three other pistols and still come out ahead.

As far as I know, the actual cost per unit isn't publicized. If you think that not knowing the price, especially when we have comparative numbers, is somehow going to justify their purchase 'better', then have at it.

Literally every time you've tried to debate something in a thread, you've shown your analytic capacity to be that of an 8th grade troll.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 09-06-19 at 13:48. Reason: 2011 cost link, ya shitass.

Feedback Score

What Agency just granted STI a contract?

Retracted.

Not feeding the trolls.
    Last edited by lsllc; 09-06-19 at 13:52.

Feedback Score
    Retracted.

Not feeding the trolls.
    I literally just spit coffee on my laptop when I read this.

You are the first internet spit take for a laugh I've had in a while.

At least you're good at humor.

Feedback Score
    Again, let’s reiterate the facts:

The highest performance pistol was chosen with the highest scores and no reliability problems.

We do not know what the testing protocol was.

The decision was nearly unanimous.

The pistol is the same manual of arms as has been used by the agency for decades.

The agency was able to make custom changes to production models.

Nobody knows what was paid for the pistols.

Perhaps this thread needs to close before more people get their feelings hurt and lash out because they don’t like the decision that doesn’t affect them.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast