Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What Agency just granted STI a contract?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Hey, I'm a Gen Xer. You werent THERE man.
    If you all dont leave me the hell alone we're all going back to Gen 3 Smith Autos and Model 19s
    Don't you threaten me with a good time!

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ^Spot on (@Norseman)

Also, if an agency wants a duty-capable precision pistol for service use, and they're not highly constrained by budget, you have to wonder if they looked at the Wilson EDC X9. Seriously--if they're looking at the STI, they should be testing the EDC X9 too IMHO. Seems to offer all the benefits of the 1911-platform pistol while addressing some of the downsides (such as higher cap, integral plunger tube, external extractor, etc). On paper, if I had a specific RFP and the STI met it, it's hard to imagine that the EDC X9 would not meet it as well.
    Last edited by maximus83; 09-05-19 at 11:19. Reason: indicate who I replied to

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A truly reliable double stack 9mm 1911 based gun has been sort of the holy grail/ best of all possible worlds pistol for a long time. The issue was no one had been able to produce such a pistol consistently and or without a lot of personal tweaking. Apparently that barrier has been broken. My understanding was the first company to really pull that off was Wilson as well as making short barreled 1911's reliable, which makes some sense.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I guess it boils down to what you are okay with as far as spending goes. I’m not okay with it. Just the same as I’m not okay with the government spending X amount on a hammer when the average price is Y. It is what it is.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Corporal View Post
    I guess it boils down to what you are okay with as far as spending goes. I’m not okay with it. Just the same as I’m not okay with the government spending X amount on a hammer when the average price is Y. It is what it is.
    Hopefully you are pissed the Corps wasted all that money on the M45 to be in services for a couple years, then get largely pulled for Glocks, which could have done the same job in nearly every case.

Feedback Score

What Agency just granted STI a contract?

Do people get pissed at NODs that never get used, or anything nicer than a PVS14? Expensive pants? What is the price of an average warfighter’s load-out? Pistols are small potatoes if it’s a $500 Glock or an $800 1911.

Why is nobody complaining about the red dot sight on the gun? Irons come on the gun...they do the same job as the red dot.

Either way, nobody knows what the cost of the STIs was. I suspect their LE price is significantly less than consumer pricing. Additionally, I’d wager STI was looking for an opportunity to showcase their new designs and charged even less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Boomers and millennials hate each other because they are exactly the same. Both generations have an amazing amount of unearned self-satisfaction.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Boomers and millennials hate each other because they are exactly the same. Both generations have an amazing amount of unearned self-satisfaction.
    This may be one of the greatest quotes I’ve heard in a while.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    As Gen-X, I agree

Too bad the Wilson didn't catch on more. You'd think that as the 40SW gives way to 9mm in gaming, that it might have a shot. But never underestimate the inertia of an incumbent system. I wish I could win the lottery to put my buddy on retainer and just have him make me stuff. "Here's an STI frame and slide and a Glock 17 mag, come back when they work".

Out of curiosity, anyone have the blue prints for 2011 slides and 'lowers'?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    As Gen-X, I agree

Too bad the Wilson didn't catch on more. You'd think that as the 40SW gives way to 9mm in gaming, that it might have a shot. But never underestimate the inertia of an incumbent system. I wish I could win the lottery to put my buddy on retainer and just have him make me stuff. "Here's an STI frame and slide and a Glock 17 mag, come back when they work".

Out of curiosity, anyone have the blue prints for 2011 slides and 'lowers'?
    For gaming, unless major rules changes happen, the .40 is here to stay. It has the capacity over .45 ACP, and it starts with a “4” to appease the old timers that made the rules for major scoring.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast