Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What Agency just granted STI a contract?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    These are completely new guns from STI with dave Dawson driving the ship. Not close out. And the MSRP is $2500. Safe to say that’s not what these organizations paid for them. STI of 2011 is doing its damnedest to make sure it’s not the STI of 5+ years ago.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    [snip]
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't know what to tell you bro: I told you what I got from watching the video I posted. If you aren't happy with what I wrote, take it up with STI, USMS SOG, LAPD, LBPD, Chuck Pressburg, Matt Landfair, Joe Chambers, &c., &c., &c.

Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    These are completely new guns from STI with dave Dawson driving the ship. Not close out. And the MSRP is $2500. Safe to say that’s not what these organizations paid for them. STI of 2011 is doing its damnedest to make sure it’s not the STI of 5+ years ago.
    MSRP is $2000 on the STI Staccato-P without the RDS mounting system.

STI rep in the P&S video seemed to suggest that the $2500 Staccato-P DUO (the one with the RDS mounting system) has an LE price of about $2000, which would suggest to me an LE price of $1500-1750 on the non-HOST Staccato-P.

The DVC-P, which has an island front sight, a comp, a full-length dust cover with picatinny rail, has an MSRP of about $4000. The DVC-P is kind of a cross-over duty/competition pistol, while the Staccato-P is intended as a duty pistol.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 08-31-19 at 22:26.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    First of all I call BS on "head shots". I call extreme BS. You can, VERY EASILY, perform failure to stop or hostage drills with a Glock. That is giving too much power to the 1911 platform. This has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with status pieces. 2011s can be some nice guns but a 3 to 4K pistol? Plus armorer training? Plus proprietary magazines to do everything a Glock does with a moderately nicer trigger?

Give me a break. This is someone looking to spend money. Also absolutely NEVER talk to me about liability and the cost of a shot. NEVER.
    No one is saying you can't do that with Glocks. If it makes dudes jobs easier that might have to do that with actual liability attached to it, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post

You might find the video above to be of interest. The STI LE rep gives his email (it's on STI's website, too) and is happy to give your department a demo or to let you come to a demo he's running for another department if your department isn't interested. And Safariland holsters are coming - and both M&P and 1911 holsters have been modded to work with STI pistols.
    That exact video is where I got the info on STI. I think their rep (Buck?) is going to be at ATOA this Oct., I might try and get there this year.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    When has the COST of something EVER slowed a Government Agency down?
    And if it's a better tool for the job, why not?

I happen to have both the DVC-P and Staccato P pistols. The DVC-P in particular is like cheating it is so easy to shoot rapidly and accurately.
    I am not sure how or IF volume of fire applies to LE, but I am able to put 5 rds. in 5" on a USPSA target offhand barricade at 100 yds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    omg....people are defending 2011s in 2019 for what is ostensibly police use. A gun that costs over 2 grand on a good day. By this logic, I'd rather 2011s go to basic patrolmen as they see way way more action on the regular.

SOG and SWAT talk people down more than they ever shoot people. And when did Long Beach become a model. I listened to that modcast and heard some things thst stuck out. They admitted these were churched up race guns, they admitted they were trying to get police use because they werent selling, they went from 30 models of guns to 11 in a,few months, and even they admitted the guns choked here and there. The part about the magazines was likewise not so confidence building.

Let's be real here....they gave cops with money a toy, it was a new new, and no cop is going to play with a new toy and say they hate it.

2011s have been tested before and they didn't go anywhere.

But you know what, lets do this. Let's see how long it takes for them to go back to Glock. I give it 2 years liberally

Feedback Score
    Just had to post.
    https://youtu.be/RlsCObKlVcY

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    It is interesting to see what people get when they can get what they want. There is no question that this gun would be more shootable in the hands of a skilled shooter than a Glock 45 or whatever. Still, this is a pretty exotic piece for guys in suits.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Let's see how long it takes for them to go back to Glock. I give it 2 years liberally
    How long has LAPD SWAT been using their 1911's?

Feedback Score
    The CAG and DEV group guys I know all use Glocks.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Ignore my previous post. I didn't realize it was selected for some sort of SOG outfit. Well hell, this is obviously a great choice for a group like that. No gun that I know of is easier to shoot quickly and accurately than a heavy 9mm 1911. OK, maybe a super heavy CZ-75 but it is close.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast