Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns make shooters shoot people.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Guns make shooters shoot people.

That's literally the findings of a new study. This one is a classic example of manipulation of data to reach a conclusion and so full of holes it's good for LOLs, but no doubt, will be used by anti gun types for years:

The problem isn't mental health—it's access to guns, new research suggests

A new study by University of Texas Medical Branch researchers states that gun access, not mental health, leads to gun violence.
    The team discovered that mental illness and personality traits are not reliable indicators of gun violence.
    This line of research could have important implications for legislation and rehabilitation.

Cont:

https://bigthink.com/politics-curren...3#rebelltitem3
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Access to alcohol makes people drive drunk.

Change my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Positions of authority are directly linked to genocide.

Wonder where they got their funding? There have always been some issues there too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unet..._United_States
    Last edited by jsbhike; 08-16-19 at 18:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, if there was no booze how will you drive drunk?? We already have the PERFECT case study to prove how well it worked with prohibition...so there's always that argument to immediately kill any debate.

Also have Mexico & their extremely restrictive laws that limit access to firearms...the military actually gets to decide & allow purchases of guns & ammo to the populace. Not sure how else to convince you with the overwhelming examples I'm handing to you??

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Access to alcohol makes people drive drunk.

Change my mind

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I think you missed the sarcasm in my post lol

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I think you missed the sarcasm in my post lol

I did not and got a chuckle. Prohibition is quite a good example of making guns illegal a complete fckfest.

I would not have expected that out of Texas, but it shows what liberal garbage permeates throughout our university systems. My two boys were attempted to be brainwashed at U of Az. Fail.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Well that is convenient for them, isn't it? I keep thinking there will be an end to their lies and dishonesty. Silly me...
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    Well that is convenient for them, isn't it? I keep thinking there will be an end to their lies and dishonesty. Silly me...
    Well, I mean they changed the definition of assault weapon sooooo

Since we all own SAWs now may as well go all in and truffle up the real thing

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There really is a minority belief that the mere possession of, or access to, a firearm tempts one to do crime that he wouldn't have otherwise done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    There really is a minority belief that the mere possession of, or access to, a firearm tempts one to do crime that he wouldn't have otherwise done.
    I've had this argument. I refute it with: If guns are so bad and only cause evil deeds, why do we issue them to all of our police officers? Why then do the guns not corrupt all the police officers and turn them into evil-doers? Several of my classmates from high school went on to become police officers. They got 24 hours of training at the academy and all of society trusts them to walk and drive around with several guns every day. I've had over 400 hours of professional instruction, but somehow I can't be trusted?

The ensuing answers and discussion are fun. Its a mental wrestling match for some of these people. Its really fun watching them get angry and start the name calling and insults.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast