Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: revolver blow back?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Parts ARE available, you need someone that knows where to look or has them on hand.
    S&W is today, an effing shadow of it's former self.
    Time to consider sending to F. Glenn.
    Well, agreed on the part about sending it to Frank. For a gunsmith of his stature he is very responsive with email and he turned around the barrel work on my N-frame PDQ.

As for S&W, though. S&W is, at least, still an actual gunmaker instead of a "shop" that assembles foreign parts which is what most American brands are turning into. They still run their own drop forge for hard parts like yokes, barrels and frames, they still AFAIK manufacture their own MIM parts. Etc etc. The issues of the lock and slipshod assembly don't really change that. They had their issues during the past as well. I'd take a modern 66 with a disabled lock over most anything made in the Lear-Siegler or Bangor-Punta days when buying sight unseen.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So much for the lifetime warranty.

Feedback Score
    I had Blowback on a Ruger .357 Revolver.
    Almost every time I shot it , It would Blowback in my face...
    It felt like my face was getting sandblasted...Not Fun..!

Feedback Score
    Yeah, what is really bugging me is that it seems S&W didn't even inspect the revolver. They literally just re-posted my comments, on the paperwork that came back with the gun. I didn't expect them to do anything for free and I understand the limitations of a "lifetime warranty." I would hate to buy another modern revolver from them, but in 40 years it's "obsolete" again. Idk, I am less than happy but so it goes.

I emailed Frank back and we'll see if he wants to take the work. Money is tight for me rn, so I can't have him go hard on this but we'll see.

Thanks guys-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123