Thread: Aimpoint PRO vs Vortex AMG UH-1

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Aimpoint PRO vs Vortex AMG UH-1

Specifically wondering how many people have ventured down the Huey route after already shooting and owning Aimpoints. I’d like to try one on a 300 BLK HD/PD bedside gun build but I can’t wrap my head around having to physically turn the optic on. I’m sure it’s a motion that would take only a second to do and maybe I’m just overthinking it. I do have an astigmatism and see a “traily” dot but I have always loved my Aimpoints as they are always on when you grab them. I’d like to see/hear what people’s thought are for this particular roll. Should I just stick with the PRO or give a Huey a shake.
    BURY ME WITH MY GUNS ON

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I also have the astigmatism thing and the T2 is much better then the PRO for me. I got mine as a price match to AR15safespace for $535. Head and shoulders above the PRO and for whatever reason the T2 is crisp, much better then the PRO.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I also have the astigmatism thing and the T2 is much better then the PRO for me. I got mine as a price match to AR15safespace for $535. Head and shoulders above the PRO and for whatever reason the T2 is crisp, much better then the PRO.
    I’ve had the T-2, T-1, and PRO (I’ve been on a precision rifle kick and sold a lot of my carbine/gas gun kit to fund that. Now just trying to build it back up) I thought the T-2 was all together a better image than the others. I still get a similar dot effect in all of them. The T-2 was def better when looking through a magnifier, but the astigmatism def still showed. Like I said it never bothered me to the point of not wanting even a PRO. Just can’t get that damn vortex out of my brain. I will more than likely get at least a PRO, Maybe T-2. I just need to build up a bullet hose and get a Huey to shake out.
    BURY ME WITH MY GUNS ON

Feedback Score
    I have a pro which I have used for a number of years in two gun, and indoor rifle matches. I’ll keep it but I switched to a lpvo my home defense and competition gun. But I like the pro it’s always working. Looked through the vortex and they seem okay. People use them at matches I have never seen anyone have problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    I have a pro which I have used for a number of years in two gun, and indoor rifle matches. I’ll keep it but I switched to a lpvo my home defense and competition gun. But I like the pro it’s always working. Looked through the vortex and they seem okay. People use them at matches I have never seen anyone have problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve also thought about that route. I’ve had some 1-4 and loved the 1-6 razor I had and regret selling it. Was thinking about maybe trying a PST 1-6 or a PX4i 1-4 on this blackout too. It’ll be a range toy with subs and sit bedside otherwise. So that’s why I’m leaning more towards a dot.
    BURY ME WITH MY GUNS ON