Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post

Notice also that Pat has his sling around his neck and is not through it. It gives him so many more options! Last year I made that commitment and will not look back as it allows you to more efficiently flow in and out of ready and carry positions.
For drills or all the time? Without a shoulder swum thru the sling .... I don't want to carry the rifle that way very long. Imagine something as mundane as going thru chow line & eating with just the sling around your neck.....not that I do that stuff anymore, but those days aren't so long ago I forgot them. To me, the sling's primary job is to hold the weapon so I don't have to. Yeah, it can help stabilize your position, but it's there to bear a load in the first place.....at least to me. Anyway, not knocking it, just asking since maybe I'm missing a better way. Seems to me for specific things (like that drill in the video) that works. Sweeping the weapon down & away & transitioning to pistol? Flipping the rifle over my back? Or ....just going thru the chow line seems like often you'd prefer a shoulder thru the sling no?