Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Run & Gun- literally

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post

Notice also that Pat has his sling around his neck and is not through it. It gives him so many more options! Last year I made that commitment and will not look back as it allows you to more efficiently flow in and out of ready and carry positions.
    For drills or all the time? Without a shoulder swum thru the sling .... I don't want to carry the rifle that way very long. Imagine something as mundane as going thru chow line & eating with just the sling around your neck.....not that I do that stuff anymore, but those days aren't so long ago I forgot them. To me, the sling's primary job is to hold the weapon so I don't have to. Yeah, it can help stabilize your position, but it's there to bear a load in the first place.....at least to me. Anyway, not knocking it, just asking since maybe I'm missing a better way. Seems to me for specific things (like that drill in the video) that works. Sweeping the weapon down & away & transitioning to pistol? Flipping the rifle over my back? Or ....just going thru the chow line seems like often you'd prefer a shoulder thru the sling no?
    I can drink a quart of monkey and still stand still...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CMV View Post
    For drills or all the time? Without a shoulder swum thru the sling .... I don't want to carry the rifle that way very long. Imagine something as mundane as going thru chow line & eating with just the sling around your neck.....not that I do that stuff anymore, but those days aren't so long ago I forgot them. To me, the sling's primary job is to hold the weapon so I don't have to. Yeah, it can help stabilize your position, but it's there to bear a load in the first place.....at least to me. Anyway, not knocking it, just asking since maybe I'm missing a better way. Seems to me for specific things (like that drill in the video) that works. Sweeping the weapon down & away & transitioning to pistol? Flipping the rifle over my back? Or ....just going thru the chow line seems like often you'd prefer a shoulder thru the sling no?
    Drills/shooting. Just put your arm through when you want.
    The neck only allows flexibility for transitioning and positioning the rifle.
    When doing a transition to pistol, you end up with one shoulder through it, at least the way mine is set up.

The sling is along your arm so you can go above or below it with your arm at will.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-19-19 at 16:44.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMV View Post
    Im pretty much running around my neck all the time. Drills, Range sessions, shoot house and training classes. In those situations the only time the sling is not around my neck is when I go rear sling. Granted most of the time I am in positive control and gripping the pistol grip but still supporting all the weapon weight with my neck. I could imagine on some extended patrol possibly slinging a shoulder through but it would come out pretty quick if the tempo changed for any reason. No issue with transitioning to the pistol at all being slung just around the neck. No issues with getting hung up on plates or whatever else might be on my back or having to always let sling in out out. Real easy to get to high carry or any of the carry/ready positions.

I did go through my fair share of slings to find what actually worked best and for me that was the Redback One RB1 Combat Sling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12