Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good AR15 scope?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It won't impress the Tactical Tommy's or Scope Snobs (which I am), but Natchez has Burris MTAC 1-4x24 with PEPR Mounts for $241 - they are currently 10% off that, so for around $215 plus shipping you have a decent optic backed by Burris warranty - and they are made in the PI, not Chinatown. Burris is my go to for 22LR scopes and for the price, the glass has always looked good and the scopes worked well for range / plinking use. I also dropped one of my CZs with a Burris optic and some dust / debris showed up in the reticle - Burris took it back, cleaned, and repurged it free - works great again.

https://www.natchezss.com/burris-mta...epr-mount.html
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 08-30-19 at 12:13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wyn View Post
    Hey guys I'm in need of some help picking out a good ar15 scope without spending too much money, and good info and choices?
    Any suggestions?
    For what? You can get a 1-4 or a 7-35. All depends on what you want it to do.
    Range-only gun? Duty rifle?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    It won't impress the Tactical Tommy's or Scope Snobs (which I am), but Natchez has Burris MTAC 1-4x24 with PEPR Mounts for $241 - they are currently 10% off that, so for around $215 plus shipping you have a decent optic backed by Burris warranty - and they are made in the PI, not Chinatown. Burris is my go to for 22LR scopes and for the price, the glass has always looked good and the scopes worked well for range / plinking use. I also dropped one of my CZs with a Burris optic and some dust / debris showed up in the reticle - Burris took it back, cleaned, and repurged it free - works great again.

That’s a fantastic deal! I used to own two MTAC 1-4x and thought they far out performed other “budget” optics. The Ballistic AR reticle is the one to get as it’s much more versatile than the older Ballistic CQ.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That is a great deal on the scope. A possible caveat that can be largely ignored at that price and with Burris warranty is the mount which weighs a ton (I have handled)and have heard reports of them breaking near the lugs, but no other details on what was going on when the mount broke, if it was during a certain part of production run, how often it occurred, or if it is even still an issue.

I have a Steiner P4Xi and really like it, but the constantly increasing cost on those sure doesn't make it the most bang for the buck Choice it was a few years back.

Leupold VXR scopes are nice. Very light, short throw magnification lever, and good price if magnification above 1.0X isn't an issue. The Patrol models target knobs are way to easy to move unintentionally, but that can be mitigated.

Recently got a primary arms 4 to 14 with the acss HUD reticle and overall I really like it other than not too sure about the utility of the front focal plane once the magnification start getting toward the low end. I really like the acss reticle though along with other qualities the scope has and trying to find larger open areas to play with it more.

I have not had the chance to see one of these in person but the simple reticle with the illuminated Dot seems like a really good idea to me( although I think one of their Chevron aiming points and no vertical line would be better) and I am liking their extended mounts that are also shown on that page.
    https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...flescope-pa14x

Feedback Score

They also have the XTR 2 1-4 and other variants for 400-600. It is a nice stop up in quality and durability. They are normally 800 or more

A few places have really good pricing (sub 300) on the Nikon blackforce 1-4 which surprised me when I looked through it. It is a steal at that price

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    They also have the XTR 2 1-4 and other variants for 400-600. It is a nice stop up in quality and durability. They are normally 800 or more

A few places have really good pricing (sub 300) on the Nikon blackforce 1-4 which surprised me when I looked through it. It is a steal at that price
    With all the budget 1-6/1-8 optics these days, I think the 1-4x market is feeling the pain. Even the better manufactured ones like Burris, Trijicon, etc.

Feedback Score
    With all the budget 1-6/1-8 optics these days, I think the 1-4x market is feeling the pain. Even the better manufactured ones like Burris, Trijicon, etc.
    I agree. And the Steiner P4XI owns what market share there is in 1x4 optics. I bet they out sale the trijicon 2-1 if not more in the since it came out

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Vortex 1x6, NXS 1x8 or the best NXS 2.5x10x32 discontinued but you can source used.

Feedback Score
    Vortex razor 1-6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12