Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with my 20" aero precision oem rifle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Problems with my 20" aero precision oem rifle

I purchased a new aero precision 20" oem rifle to do a M16A2 clone. The only catch is that ot didn't come with the delta ring installed. So i researched how to install it, seemed pretty staight forward so i ordered one from aero. In order to get it on you have to remove the barrel as most of you are aware. So i install it, everything went smooth but the gun seems under gassed...its having trouble cycling. Is there something i missed in r
    Reinstalling the gas tube? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGREENSWAMP13 View Post
    I purchased a new aero precision 20" oem rifle to do a M16A2 clone. The only catch is that ot didn't come with the delta ring installed. So i researched how to install it, seemed pretty staight forward so i ordered one from aero. In order to get it on you have to remove the barrel as most of you are aware. So i install it, everything went smooth but the gun seems under gassed...its having trouble cycling. Is there something i missed in r
    Reinstalling the gas tube? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Does the bolt carrier group go into battery all the way? If not, you may have neglected to push the gas tube in all the way. Other than that I can't think of anything else which would stem from removing the barrel and tube, I'm sure others can chime in with additional suggestions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Colt 6920

My Aero

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Test for carrier key alignment with the gas tube. I am thinking maybe you pushed the gastube out of straight alignment in the upper when you reinstalled the GI barrel nut.

To test for binding take the bolt and parts out of the carrier, put the carrier back in the upper and tilt it forward until the carrier slowly slides forward onto the gas tube. It should slide freely with minimal to no contact between the gas tube and carrier key.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like its slightly to the left, and it does contact the carrier just a little

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGREENSWAMP13 View Post
    Looks like its slightly to the left, and it does contact the carrier just a little

If it were binding it would be more than just a little “tink.” no contact is ideal but a little contact won’t cause cycling problems. Did you shoot the gun before the swap? If you look at the teeth on the barrel nut the gas tube should sit nicely between and clear of them, not nudged to one side or the other.
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 08-27-19 at 20:00.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    like an idiot i didnt shoot it before hand, ill check the barrel nut teeth

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's one of those lessons everybody needs to learn.......always confirm that a firearm functions before modifying it. Was it something you did? Was it jacked up from Aero? There's no way to tell at this point.

Might as well tear it down and re-install everything absolutely correctly and go from there.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    What sort of cycling issues? What mags and ammo were you using?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    im an AK guy! lol im in over my head. Could the fact that i used wolf sp have anything to do with it? im going to be pretty bummed if it cant shoot the cheap shit like my colt does. The mag was a lanzer.
    Last edited by NCGREENSWAMP13; 08-27-19 at 20:40.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast