Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Reliable is a 14.5" with Carbine Gas System?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

How Reliable is a 14.5" with Carbine Gas System?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazyeach View Post
    Ok. I’ll look again. I didn’t find anything “ban worthy “ the first time. Must’ve missed it.
    His posts were either pretty useful or complete trolls. I wouldn’t be surprised if the mods just deleted some of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    To question whether the 14.5" carbine gas AR is reliable enough for combat conditions is just silly. It's more tested and proven than any other AR variant besides the 20" rifle length gas. The Crane test shows that there might be some advantages with the way they run rifles, and, as was pointed out earlier, using the M855A1 which is hard on every gun it goes through. I have no evidence to support this, but I'd be willing to bet that any AR optimized to run with M855A1 will be undergassed with .223. As Lysander also pointed out, there is almost no context given with the Crane powerpoint. I've never seen a test with a carbine length gas AR go less than 600 MRBS. That doesn't even meet the 90s requirements. There are Army tests showing it going into the 3000's. In short, something is different in that Crane test. I'm not saying it's bogus, but they must have a different way of measuring things, or were using worn out M4s, or something, because that's a massive disparity compared to previous tests.

Bottom line is, the 14.5" Carbine is well proven and reliable. If it takes extending the gas tube a couple of inches to make the design acceptably reliable, it's a finicky design to begin with and I'd move on to another pattern of rifle. Obviously it's not a finicky design, so 14.5" Carbine gas is extremely reliable.
    Last edited by CajunCourier; 08-18-19 at 11:01.

Feedback Score
    What about 14.5" carbine gas reliability compared to 16" midlength gas reliability? 11.5" Carbine gas ARs are considered to be very reliable too, how does 14.5" carbine gas compare to that? Also, how many rounds can a carbine gas AR go without any malfunctions? I think the FBI minimum was 2000 rounds between stoppages. Does it meet that?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSplumber View Post
    What about 14.5" carbine gas reliability compared to 16" midlength gas reliability? 11.5" Carbine gas ARs are considered to be very reliable too, how does 14.5" carbine gas compare to that? Also, how many rounds can a carbine gas AR go without any malfunctions? I think the FBI minimum was 2000 rounds between stoppages. Does it meet that?
    How many people need to tell you that the 14.5 (10.3/10.5/11.5 and 12.5 included) with carbine gas is reliable? At this point I think you are just trolling your own thread. The 14.5 with carbine gas has been used in combat since the 60’s and has proven reliable enough to continue its service with the US military, as well as multiple allied military’s. At this point you should just accept the info/data that you have been provided and move on.

Can we get a Mod to close this before it degrades any further, please?
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    How many people need to tell you that the 14.5 (10.3/10.5/11.5 and 12.5 included) with carbine gas is reliable? At this point I think you are just trolling your own thread. The 14.5 with carbine gas has been used in combat since the 60’s and has proven reliable enough to continue its service with the US military, as well as multiple allied military’s. At this point you should just accept the info/data that you have been provided and move on.

Can we get a Mod to close this before it degrades any further, please?
    I will accept it. It's just people crapping on carbine length gas guns on here so much has really made me start to question it.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I will accept it. It's just people crapping on carbine length gas guns on here so much has really made me start to question it.
    Gosh dang, who in the world craps on the carbine system? This is the forum that says “just go buy a 6920.”
    It’s not ideal once you get to 16”, for sure. It might not be as “smooth” at 14.5” albeit more reliable with cheaper ammo. But it’s literally killed thousands of dirtbags around the world for 25 years in 14.5” guise.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    More like a quarter of a century.....

Colt 653s which was a 14.5" carbine gas system gun was used by the Israeli's from 1973/74 timeframe.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    Oh wow. Good one....

Quote Originally Posted by Eazyeach View Post
    I’m sure no one will tell me, but I’ll ask anyway: wtf did euro do? I always enjoyed his posts.
    Actually run his gun. But folks would rather talk pictures or talk about mil fantasy LARP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    Regardless of how you feel about Euro, he isn't here to defend himself.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Do you own carbine gas guns? Are they reliable? There's your answer.

I'll say it again. Buy a 6920 and get a life.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast