Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elcan 1.5 x 6, for 7.62

Feedback Score
    They are the kind of scope that is great is someone is buying it for you.

For a personal purchase at that price point...
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    They are the kind of scope that is great is someone is buying it for you.

For a personal purchase at that price point...
    Buy once, cry once. Life is too short to shoot crappy optics.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    This is the phrase I live by.
    Buy the best and never have 2nd thoughts. If I were trying to stay within a budget, or concerned more about price than quality, I certainly wouldn’t have been considering the the Elcan, nor the ATACR (not that much more coin than the Elcan), or even the SCAR 17 for that matter.

What pushed the NF ATACR to the top for me was the true 1x and the variability.

Haven’t got the mount yet, but boy is that glass clear!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    My point was look at other options at that pricepoint
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    My point was look at other options at that pricepoint
    The only other viable options IMO are:
    Kahles K16i. Awesome glass, FOV, and weight. Less capable for wind holds. Very capable. I had one on a 308 gas gun. It now lives on a 5.56. As a 0-600yd optic it’s great.

Vortex razor hd2e. Very good glass. Useable reticle, but less capable for wind holds. Heavier than other option, even the E model.

Swaro z8i. No personal experience. Looks neat, but just doesn’t really entice me to try one.

Leupy mk8 cqbss. An awesome optic but very heavy, with a huge footprint. Not true 1x. Reticle not useable in 1x without illumination.

NF NX8. Awesome optic. Smaller and lighter than the ATACR. Tighter eyebox. Some peripheral distortion on 1x in some. Less capable reticle for wind holds.

S&B 1-8 Short Dot CC DFP. Awesome optic. Seriously. Mind blowing glass. Awesome turrets (not that one would dial with a 1-8). Reticle is very very good, far better than what was offered in the SFP and FFP SD CCs. Not quite as nice a reticle as the ATACR 1-8. It’s a long optic, very noticeably longer than the ATACR in side by side comparison. And you can almost buy two ATACR for the cost of one SD CC DFP.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 08-22-19 at 18:12.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Love my glass:

Nightforce ATACR 1-8x
    Schmidt & Bender Dual CC 1-8x
    Leupold CQBSS 1.1-8x with H27 reticle
    Kahles K16i with SM1 reticle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The only other viable options IMO are:
    Kahles K16i. Awesome glass, FOV, and weight. Less capable for wind holds. Very capable. I had one on a 308 gas gun. It now lives on a 5.56. As a 0-600yd optic it’s great.

Vortex razor hd2e. Very good glass. Useable reticle, but less capable for wind holds. Heavier than other option, even the E model.

Swaro z8i. No personal experience. Looks neat, but just doesn’t really entice me to try one.

Leupy mk8 cqbss. An awesome optic but very heavy, with a huge footprint. Not true 1x. Reticle not useable in 1x without illumination.

NF NX8. Awesome optic. Smaller and lighter than the ATACR. Tighter eyebox. Some peripheral distortion on 1x in some. Less capable reticle for wind holds.

S&B 1-8 Short Dot CC DFP. Awesome optic. Seriously. Mind blowing glass. Awesome turrets (not that one would dial with a 1-8). Reticle is very very good, far better than what was offered in the SFP and FFP SD CCs. Not quite as nice a reticle as the ATACR 1-8. It’s a long optic, very noticeably longer than the ATACR in side by side comparison. And you can almost buy two ATACR for the cost of one SD CC DFP.
    Regarding the Leupold CQBSS your comment is only accurate with the TMR reticle...H27 is Aimpoint bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12