Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H6 Buffer

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

H6 Buffer

http://damageindustriesllc.com/store...product_id=394

Does anyone use this? Is it still in military service?

I’m curious what range of gas ports/barrel length/ammunition type run well in this. It seems almost like a simpler approach to the idea behind the A5H2 and system,
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The A5 system is more than just a heavier buffer, it’s also a rifle length spring in a 7 position buffer that’s .75” longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I've had one for about 5 years and have used it with a couple of 16" midlength uppers. It works fine. I haven't tried it with SBR lengths or anything overgassed so it's not a broad test. It's probably a fraction better than an H2, but not very different in my experience.

If you're building or want the ultimate, I think the VLTOR A5 system is better overall. If you want to stick with a carbine length buffer and tube, this is probably very slightly better than an H2 or H3 if your rifle is on the edge of overgassed, but I don't find any real difference vs. an H2 in my use.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This is a good summary.

The H6 is not bad like some other solutions, but it's no match for the A5 or rifle systems.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I've had one for about 5 years and have used it with a couple of 16" midlength uppers. It works fine. I haven't tried it with SBR lengths or anything overgassed so it's not a broad test. It's probably a fraction better than an H2, but not very different in my experience.

If you're building or want the ultimate, I think the VLTOR A5 system is better overall. If you want to stick with a carbine length buffer and tube, this is probably very slightly better than an H2 or H3 if your rifle is on the edge of overgassed, but I don't find any real difference vs. an H2 in my use.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Receiver Extension is the correct terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by CESwartz07 View Post
    The A5 system is more than just a heavier buffer, it’s also a rifle length spring in a 7 position buffer that’s .75” longer

Feedback Score
    Same approximate weight as H3, so probably best used with a suppressor or 5.56 pressure ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    http://damageindustriesllc.com/store...product_id=394

Does anyone use this? Is it still in military service?

I’m curious what range of gas ports/barrel length/ammunition type run well in this. It seems almost like a simpler approach to the idea behind the A5H2 and system,

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Receiver Extension is the correct terminology.
    Sorry, “tube” got left out.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Thanks for the info.

All the rifles I have built have started with or finally been converted to the A5 system (and one rifle). But I do have Colt and BCM factory lowers that I really don’t want to change anything on other than going to an H2...or H6 buffer. Just as an explanation, which I should have started with.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the info.

All the rifles I have built have started with or finally been converted to the A5 system (and one rifle). But I do have Colt and BCM factory lowers that I really don’t want to change anything on other than going to an H2...or H6 buffer. Just as an explanation, which I should have started with.
    An H3 buffer is a standardized part and is 5.4oz. For a stronger spring you can go to SpringCo and get a blue, red, or even orange.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Hey look, a thread from 5 1/2 years ago that reaches much the same conclusions!

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...7657-H6-Buffer

And yeah, I bought my H6 around or shortly after that discussion. Like many I like to try stuff out for myself.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by CESwartz07 View Post
    An H3 buffer is a standardized part and is 5.4oz. For a stronger spring you can go to SpringCo and get a blue, red, or even orange.
    My experience is that an H3 and stiff spring will make most rifles choke and FTF. I've only had good luck with an H3 on an Adams Arms piston setup, which was outrageously overpowered and is no longer in my collection. If your rifle can run with an H3 and Springco red installed, even on the hottest legit military ammo, you should replace the barrel or install an adjustable gas block. Maybe an exception if all your shooting is at air temperatures of 100 and higher.

I looked up the prior thread to confirm the weight, which is 5.15oz in that thread and reported elsewhere as 5oz. Either way, slightly lighter than an H3. I would take an H6 before an H3, and in fact my H3 is currently not in use, but kept on hand in case I encounter something that overgassed. OP, I think an H2 and a quality spring (not necessarily Springco, although their blue is fine) is the most that I would spend money on for your stated use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast