Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A reason we need magpul magazine caps

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    If you're that worried about it, run a D60.

I'd like to see the 5 men that require 12 well placed rifle rounds each in order to be put down.
    On the real two way shooting range, the gang doesnt just stand there and let you tap 'em with 12 rounds apiece, well placed or otherwise. In such situations you can fire a lot of ammo. Google Sherman Street Shootout.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Until you have a flat tire in the middle of nowhere, and the gang of five decides you're easy meat
    So the person who is going to be on overwatch with your rifle while you're fixing your flat isn't going to be able to take the time to address the random round working its way forward in the magazine?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Univibe,
    The Sherman and 71st area looks economically challenged. It could have been an invasion at a dealers house.

If I really thought 60 rounds are needed on my AR, I’d view it as a flag to move to a better place.

If moving isn’t an option I’d skip the mag coupler and get the D60 for your truck gun

Luckily I live in a decent area because all I have is the van and garden tools to fight off a car jacking

Feedback Score
    I must ask if these were early Gen 3 Pmags or newer Gen 3 Pmags? Because the newer Gen 3 Pmags have two anti transposition tabs that are supposed to prevent the first/top round from nosing up and crossing over.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry...s-/124-291966/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry...n-/124-290021/
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 08-19-19 at 10:24.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    On the real two way shooting range, the gang doesnt just stand there and let you tap 'em with 12 rounds apiece, well placed or otherwise. In such situations you can fire a lot of ammo. Google Sherman Street Shootout.
    I didn't realize you were a veteran of multiple street wars. Good work on Sherman Street. *thumbs up*

Feedback Score
    Is this a real discussion? Debating the merits of a mag coupler to deal with roving street gangs preying on disabled motorists caught in the open while changing a tire? Is this a real "two way shooting range" discussion?
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I'd like to see the 5 men that require 12 well placed rifle rounds each in order to be put down.
    Quote Originally Posted by tim808 View Post
    I don’t mean to spoil the fun with some reality but I read somewhere that most defensive shooting is 3 or less shots......and there were no cases where a mag change was needed.
    Multiple msm sources report Dayton shooter was on all sorts of drugs and officers put him down with 24 rounds. He tried to get back up twice.

Source: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng/2018778001/

Determined attackers, on drugs, can be a lot to handle. Plan and prepare accordingly.. or just rock your 1911 and hope for the best.

This thread has strayed far from the topic which is mags coming out of a secondary mag. Solutions have been posted. Think we are good here.
    Last edited by John W; 08-19-19 at 18:08. Reason: Off topic

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    Multiple msm sources report Dayton shooter was on all sorts of drugs and officers put him down with 24 rounds. He tried to get back up twice.

Source: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng/2018778001/

Determined attackers, on drugs, can be a lot to handle. Plan and prepare accordingly.. or just rock your 1911 and hope for the best.

This thread has strayed far from the topic which is mags coming out of a secondary mag. Solutions have been posted. Think we are good here.
    So if 24 rifle rounds didn't stop him, what do you expect to do with a handgun?

Gonna EDC a 9mm Glock with a 33-rounder in it? Cuz you're still not near parity in wounding potential.

Never mind that those 24 rounds are rounds that hit the PODS anywhere - likely to include grazes. The real interesting thing(s) will be how many of those 24 rounds hit anything important and how many of them were redundant (three bullets through the heart won't get you anything after the first bullet had turned the heart into hamburger).

It's apples and oranges, anyway, since your rifle is still going to be sitting in the trunk by the time the 32-some seconds have elapsed from when the shooting started to when the turd was put down.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    Is this a real discussion? Debating the merits of a mag coupler to deal with roving street gangs preying on disabled motorists caught in the open while changing a tire? Is this a real "two way shooting range" discussion?
    Uh, yes?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Use okay mags?
    I keep the cover on loaded pmags- cant say if its needed or not.
    If i wanted a loaded-long-term mag without a cover, it would be okay, nhtms or whatever, or d&h.
    Pmag has a 40rd mag as well. Pick whichever option fells good, but all will work fine IME.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast