Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geissele Super Dynamic 3 Gun trigger not for duty use?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies folks! That makes sense. NDs in tense situations can have unfortunate consequences. A little bummed to hear so many negative experiences with the SD3G. I ordered it on a recommendation and the reviews all looked great. The one I played with was sooo smooth. Ahh well, I'll be throwing some lead downrange next weekend and will see how it goes!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strength Of Arms View Post
    Thanks for the replies folks! That makes sense. NDs in tense situations can have unfortunate consequences. A little bummed to hear so many negative experiences with the SD3G. I ordered it on a recommendation and the reviews all looked great. The one I played with was sooo smooth. Ahh well, I'll be throwing some lead downrange next weekend and will see how it goes!
    Let us know how it goes, best of luck to you.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    First, the manufacturer says that the product is for gaming, not duty. They know a thing or two about making duty triggers, since they make officially adopted duty triggers. I don’t know why they state that, but generally it’s more than just the perceived weight of trigger pull that negates a trigger’s worthiness for duty.

The following has nothing to do with the specifics of this named trigger, but rather triggers in general and observations about triggers. Since the trigger is made for 3gun, which necessitates dumping a loaded gun frequently, it probably is not the drop worthiness of the sear surface; it could be the force of the hammer spring, which may not ignite the notoriously hard primers used in some duty ammo. You don’t just wave the name wand over a trigger and it’s lighter because you call it lighter. Springs and surfaces have to be altered to give the lighter feel. Something has to give, and ability to ignite hard primers is often one of those things, generally.

Second, if people are having rounds launch unintentionally into the dirt in front of them, there is a problem with application of basic gun safety. I feel like I’ve heard one of those basic principles state that you don’t put your finger on the trigger until you’re ready to engage your target. Moving the gun from low ready or some other position to target is not “ready.” You’re in the process of making ready. “Ready” means that you’ve moved your sights to your desired impact point and you’re stable enough that pressing the trigger won’t disturb your sight picture. It sounds like there are some folks who are being sloppy in an attempt to be fast. No amount of speed gained is worth sloppy and unsafe gun handling. The really fast shooters are not doing things in an unsafe manner, they’re just faster.
    .25 Lorcin w/ comp and red dot AIWB and a 9mm Calico folder as primary

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I had a couple SD-3G in range use guns.
    On precision shots when "feathering" the trigger, or during re-set/disconnector cycle I would (very) occasionally get doubles.When running and gunning/"slapping" trigger there was no problem.
    Deliberate shooting- there was.

I'd think this would be a more noticeable problem on a PCC- with a heavier bolt slamming around.
    No way I'd try one one an AR9 or similar.
    Last edited by gaijin; 08-20-19 at 04:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My sons and I have 5 of these triggers installed in our SBRs. The very first time we shot one the range officer came over and asked us if we were shooting a Full Auto Rifle. We told him we had a Geissele SD-3G trigger and gave him the rifle with a full 30 round magazine to shoot. When he was done shooting it he told us he was going to order one as soon as he got home. Two weeks later we saw him at the range with his new Geissele SD-3G installed in his Colt AR. He was very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    Second, if people are having rounds launch unintentionally into the dirt in front of them, there is a problem with application of basic gun safety. I feel like I’ve heard one of those basic principles state that you don’t put your finger on the trigger until you’re ready to engage your target. Moving the gun from low ready or some other position to target is not “ready.” You’re in the process of making ready. “Ready” means that you’ve moved your sights to your desired impact point and you’re stable enough that pressing the trigger won’t disturb your sight picture. It sounds like there are some folks who are being sloppy in an attempt to be fast. No amount of speed gained is worth sloppy and unsafe gun handling. The really fast shooters are not doing things in an unsafe manner, they’re just faster.
    Very true, I should clarify that I’m not blaming the trigger in my instance. I agree that I was being sloppy, but a trigger designed for duty use may have been a little more forgiving of my failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I hate walls in triggers, SD-3G is all I use in ARs, personal preference and all

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    SD-E for any precision for me and SD-C for my Duty/self defense. Your Duty rifle is not a 3 gun rifle. Not sure why anyone would want a light trigger like that in a service firearm IMO. I see them for sale regularly because people realize it's way to light for their intended use.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12