Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to the NRA?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    BTW, the "new" definition of an assault weapon is ANY semi-auto that will ACCEPT a box magazine larger than 10 rounds... Welcome back to 1935. Kiss your Glock buh-bye.
    If nothing else, that will get struck down immediately. Remember, after DC v. Heller, DC tried to restrict handguns to revolvers only, but the SC turned around and said nope, semiautomatic pistols fit the clause about "common use". And, if I remember correctly, Heller had tried to register a Glock, which set off that addendum to the initial ruling. So it's already been settled that semiauto pistols that can accept "large capacity" magazines are protected.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    GOA for me.

Also ASA is back in VA today to try to help ward off the efforts of the Notorious "Coonman" Northam. Not sure if GOA showed up today or not but they were here last month when the GA was called back to special session.

I really like the way the GOA makes it easy to broadcast our views to the powers that be.

Here is one all can use BTW to the White House -- apparently anti-gunnes are slamming the system adn we need to do the same.

https://oneclickpolitics.global.ssl....?promo_id=6880

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I am a life member of the NRA. I will ONLY give money now directly to the ILA branch. ALL of that money goes straight to the hill for the fight. NONE of that money goes to Wayne. The ILA is the part of the NRA that gets stuff done. The ILA is still effective and does good.
    I did not realize that. Good to know.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not many people know that they can just donate to ILA side. Goes directly to them.
    https://donate.nraila.org/Donate
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    If nothing else, that will get struck down immediately. Remember, after DC v. Heller, DC tried to restrict handguns to revolvers only, but the SC turned around and said nope, semiautomatic pistols fit the clause about "common use". And, if I remember correctly, Heller had tried to register a Glock, which set off that addendum to the initial ruling. So it's already been settled that semiauto pistols that can accept "large capacity" magazines are protected.
    Good intel. I did not know about that part. I just know they are STILL after basically ALL semi-autos.

Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I did not realize that. Good to know.
    Hopefully the SCOTUS will keep protecting us here. Still sleep with one eye open.

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Not many people know that they can just donate to ILA side. Goes directly to them.
    That's what I do. 100% of the money goes to the fight against the grab. Not one penny goes to Wayne and his ship of fools. Regardless, the NRA let the AWB of 1994 happen. For every dollar that I give to the ILA, I match funds to GOA.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Yep, probably has something to do with donor intent - it’s effectively a restricted gift. That’s what I do with most of my 2A contributions, give to specific branches/arms/programs, if possible.

Feedback Score
    Good intel. I did not know about that part. I just know they are STILL after basically ALL semi-autos.
    There's no doubt about that. They want every last gun, including your great, great grandfather's old 1890s double Damascus barrel shotgun hanging above the fireplace. Even if the next few rulings affirm that the 2nd Amendment protects semiauto rifles and standard capacity magazines, eventually, the left will get enough power that they'll just ignore the Constitution. They'll pass an AWB, we'll tell them that they aren't legally allowed to do that, and they'll just say, "Yeah, well, tape a copy of the 2nd Amendment to your chest and see if it stops incoming bullets from the troops coming to take your guns."
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think the ILA, GOA and FPC all deserve money. I havent had the spare income in awhile to donate to 2A causes, but when I do; that will be my top 3. I think FPC is even under rated for what they do. I follow them on instagram and they are constantly sueing to protect the 2nd.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Trump had a sit down with NRA yesterday and he came out talking a whole lot more pro-2A than before.

No more red flag talk... Now it's "we have laws, but we have some gaps in the circle'"

I think all these calls and letters are making a difference. I'm sure he was told in no uncertain terms... hold the line on the 2A or kiss 2020 goodby.

Please go to the GOA site and click the links to contact the WH and your reps. It's all automatic, it's very quick and easy. We need to keep flooding the system with pro 2A.

Spending money is one thing but we have to make noise too.

You do NOT need to be a member to do this. Forward to friends and family.
    https://gunowners.org/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Trump had a sit down with NRA yesterday and he came out talking a whole lot more pro-2A than before.

No more red flag talk... Now it's "we have laws, but we have some gaps in the circle'"

I think all these calls and letters are making a difference. I'm sure he was told in no uncertain terms... hold the line on the 2A or kiss 2020 goodby.

Please go to the GOA site and click the links to contact the WH and your reps. It's all automatic, it's very quick and easy. We need to keep flooding the system with pro 2A.

Spending money is one thing but we have to make noise too.

You do NOT need to be a member to do this. Forward to friends and family.
    https://gunowners.org/
    Helpful hint, the red text is the link to the letter if anyone else is like me and tends to scroll past highlighted stuff assuming click bait ads.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast