Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A5 Buffer Setup with a 15.5" rifle gassed carbine?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yes. It functioned. But you could tell it was on the ragged edge. I don’t know how well it would have functioned if the bolt was dirty. Going to test that again on Thursday.

I’m hoping it’s just a matter of me looking for issues where there really isn’t one. I went into this knowing it might prove to be very finicky so I have lowered expectations, but I'm also hoping I'm proven wrong.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 08-19-19 at 18:58.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    FWIW I have a criterion 16" rifle gas barrel and an A5H2 buffer with spring co spring. Works fine. Though granted I built this to run suppressed and unsuppressed. It's a tad gassy suppressed. Thinking about dropping in an A5H4 buffer and tubs flat wire spring.

I have no idea what the gas Port diameter is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mig1nc; 08-20-19 at 06:45.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Feeling a little better. 200 rounds PMC Bronze .223. Ejecting about 4~4:30 and 6’ in a consistent pile. I’m comfortable it will be fine with proper xm193.

Same ammo, same range session. 3:30 and about 8’ from a 16” spikes midlength dissipator.

Both carbines have rifle extensions/buffers.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 08-22-19 at 20:35.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just buy a A5 , BCM or otherwise, and rock on..Use the standard weight and go from there.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12