Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone tried the Ruger MK IV 22/45 Tactical?

Feedback Score
    I have the black nitrided version of the MkIV. Sold off a MkIII standard to buy it to get the threaded barrel and the push button take down. Glad I only had one MkIII as i would be tempted to change out all of them for the easy takedown. As mentioned the factory sights are not good. I bought a replacement leaf for the rear sight that turns it into a peep sight and combined it with a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight. Groups tightened up right away, unfortunately they were low (too tall of front sight), new front sight is on order. It rides in a BattleCloth holster / carry case that holds it with the Dead Air Mask mounted. Nice combo that has eliminated a few squirrels from the birdfeeder.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought one of the original 22/45s when they first came out in the early 90s. Great shooting pistol, lots of fun, PITA to disassemble. That new model sure looks nice.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I bought the 22/45 tac to add a "Dead Air" "Mask". I added a Dawson fiber optic front that works fine. The pistol has been flawless through 400 rounds and accurate enough for it's intended purpose. I am waiting on the "can" now to get the full benefit of the pistol. I love the new "take-down" system, I always thought the previous models disassembly process was a pain. I am happy with this "mk IV", much more likely to shoot it with the ease of disassembly.
    "A Wise Man Changes his Mind, but a Fool Never Does."

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I've had a blank one since they came out. Shoots great with everything I've put through it, most of it suppressed. The takedown procedure is a welcome change from the older guns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12