Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried the Ruger MK IV 22/45 Tactical?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Anyone tried the Ruger MK IV 22/45 Tactical?

I wanted to get a .22lr pistol for cheap training and also reduced recoil while recovering from an arm surgery.

Ruger has the 22/45 Tactical with the top rail, a steel shorter barrel (vs the Target version), and they just added an FDE version. Not planning to trick this out too much, although will likely add a Volquartsen accurizing kit to lighten the trigger.

mk4.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can't speak to the other details, but the 4" to 6" Rugers I have shot were always handy.

When you said short barrel along with something about the appearance of the picture made me think Ruger was doing another version of the first run of 22/45 (mid 1990s alongside Mk II's) that had a 2" +/- barrel that felt very awkward to me, although that would have a likely benefit with a can with the newer threaded models.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a black one. Actually bought it for my father in law. He runs a TBAC S-1 can, and a viridian green laser (poor vision) with light to shoot varmints and mess around. I also have a MKIII tactical and MKIII 22/45 tactical. They run great with cans and primary arms red dots. I run the Volquartzen kits as well. Mostly shooting CCI SV.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have one, runs great suppressed with my Warlock II but won't cycle Geco .22 unsuppressed. I replaced the 22/45 lower frame with the traditional aluminum version and at some point I'd like to replace the OEM sights with fiber optic, otherwise it's pretty much perfect.

I took off both rails, Ruger will even send you filler screws at no charge.
    Last edited by kaltesherz; 08-28-20 at 08:27.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    Yeah I’ve got one in FDE. Using a Surefire Ryder on it. Trying to figure out what optic to use. Shoots great.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Updated mine with the Volquartsen accurizing trigger kit, Tandemkross trigger, and Tandemkross firing pin and extractor:

* https://www.tandemkross.com/Volquart...%A2_p_480.html
    * https://www.tandemkross.com/Essentia...ies_p_403.html

Result: crisp 2.75 - 3.0 lb trigger. Well worth it. And this thing has always been accurate right out of the box.

Adding one more item, a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight. ETA: somebody pinged to ask which height Dawson sight I used. The factory OEM front sight on this pistol is 0.430" high, so I got the sight option for "0.420 tall and 0.100 wide flat serrated." When I installed it, the height to top of sight post is basically 0.430, identical to OEM.

https://dawsonprecision.com/ruger-22...-front-sights/
    Last edited by maximus83; 09-01-20 at 00:52. Reason: fix link and typo

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccasanova View Post
    I have a black one. Actually bought it for my father in law. He runs a TBAC S-1 can, and a viridian green laser (poor vision) with light to shoot varmints and mess around. I also have a MKIII tactical and MKIII 22/45 tactical. They run great with cans and primary arms red dots. I run the Volquartzen kits as well. Mostly shooting CCI SV.
    Interested to hear you say they run well with red dots. Toying with the idea of trying my Aimpoint T1 on here to see how it does.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    I wanted to get a .22lr pistol for cheap training and also reduced recoil while recovering from an arm surgery. Ruger has the 22/45 Tactical with the top rail, a steel shorter barrel (vs the Target version), and they just added an FDE version. Not planning to trick this out too much, although will likely add a Volquartsen accurizing kit to lighten the trigger.
    Have one, they are very handy. I use mostly minimags and stingers in mine.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I have one. Zero recoil, functions very well, but I’m not impressed with the factory sights.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    I have one. Zero recoil, functions very well, but I’m not impressed with the factory sights.
    Truth--I have a hard time with all-black front target sights. That's why I'm switching to the Dawson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast