Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ar or bolt gun for next build?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ar or bolt gun for next build?

So I currently have a 6.8 spc II and its my only rifle right now. It is based off a block II. Kinda what I imagine the block II would have been if SF kept with the 6.8. I do have PSA upper that was given to me in 5.56 but it needs bcg, magazines, and a charging handle. I want to eventually build a block II clone or something in 5.56 pretty close to a clone but I also want a long range bolt gun in 6.5 creedmore to start with. So my question is should I start working towards the bolt gun or start gathering parts for the 5.56? Bolt gun will eventually have a McMillian stock so before glass they will be pretty close in cost. I will use a Howa 1500 action 24" heavy barrel.
    5.56 psda upper

6.8 build

long gun build ideas

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Buy a 6920(or whatever), shoot it and buy the bolt gun later. When the election cycle hits full swing, AR prices will rise and depending on the results will continue to rise. The Colt will always be at least what you paid-if purchased now.
    Edit-if you can buy 2, buy'em then you can more than put a sizable dent into the bolt gun if things go south.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^^ This.

Add an AR. Bolt Guns will be some of the last to be "targeted".

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-20-19 at 07:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Nevermind.
    I didnt say it would be around the same price as a PSA. I said would be about as much as a block ii before glass on the bolt gun. I would not use PSA parts for the block ii, just mentioned I was given the psa upper in 5.56 so what I have currently was known. Btw my 6.8 uses dd parts mostly except for the stripped upper and stripped lower I used. I was stating both would come in around 2500.00.
    Now if you have a problem with my avatar or the unit I served with then it's a different story. We can talk about all that via pm.
    Last edited by chef8489; 08-20-19 at 08:37.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    No new "builds". Spare rifle/receiver. Mags. Ammo. Training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Ok ok ok
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-20-19 at 09:04.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    6.8 is dead.
    Bolt Guns are pointless unless you are boutiquing (.338, .300 WM)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    6.8 is dead.
    Bolt Guns are pointless unless you are boutiquing (.338, .300 WM)
    I disagree with both of these statements. 6.8 is far from dead and I only mentioned it as it is the only AR i currently have. and bolt guns are far from pointless. They are still more accurate than a semi auto and still used for many things such as prc matches, currently employed as sniper rifles with both mil and Le.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    I disagree with both of these statements. 6.8 is far from dead and I only mentioned it as it is the only AR i currently have. and bolt guns are far from pointless. They are still more accurate than a semi auto and still used for many things such as prc matches, currently employed as sniper rifles with both mil and Le.
    ........okay man, good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast