Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ar or bolt gun for next build?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Having a 6.8 spc as your only AR is a terrible idea. I'm guessing you don't shoot much or you are very well off.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Having a 6.8 spc as your only AR is a terrible idea. I'm guessing you don't shoot much or you are very well off.
    I agree with this as $.70 vs $.35 per round for 6.8 vs m855. that's why I am considering another build or to just get mags, bolt, and a charging handle for the upper I was given.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How about this. I'll assume you were like of a different era and maybe just not up to date.

Arms Unlimited has screaming deals on Colts, get you about 20 pmags, a good optic (LPVO' Whatever), and maybe a refresher course.

This is general advice for anyone

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    How about this. I'll assume you were like of a different era and maybe just not up to date.

Arms Unlimited has screaming deals on Colts, get you about 20 pmags, a good optic (LPVO' Whatever), and maybe a refresher course.

This is general advice for anyone
    well I served from 1996 to 2006 so no not really a different era. I see the deal on the colts and doing a socom with no furniture might be an option. I was just looking at them today.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    well I served from 1996 to 2006 so no not really a different era. I see the deal on the colts and doing a socom with no furniture might be an option. I was just looking at them today.
    Do you have a long tab?
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Do you have a long tab?
    Yes I graduated the q in early 2000. Went to selection as an e4p as there was no 18x enlistment options.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am going to say to use the PSA upper and get what you need for it to begin with. You may even consider building a lower assembly just for it. Between the Block II and the 6.5 Creedmore bolt rifle, you will have to decide which is more of a priority. Any Block II (M4 or M4A1) will be costly. You want to make sure that you get the details right or very close to it.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Like the others mentioned, I’d get the Ar built first while prices are low.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Hey, Brother, I think what makes the most sense right now is to build a Block II clone-ish in 5.56, with quality parts. We’re in for some changes in AR/parts availability soon. Even if you really like the 6.8, you can use the 5.56 gun to train more due to lower ammo prices.

Buy piles of ammo and mags, then worry about a bolt gun.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I wouldn’t want my only AR to be a stainless steel PSA, but I definitely think you should at least get the parts to finish it before doing anything else. Or go on ARFCOM and sell/trade it off to get a chrome lined AR or two before shit gets stupid again. I don’t know if I believe that any legislation on them will get passed, but with the way panics go, nothing has to get passed for them to disappear and skyrocket in price for the next several years. It took a long time to get to this point after Sandy Hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast