Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ar or bolt gun for next build?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Hey, Brother, I think what makes the most sense right now is to build a Block II clone-ish in 5.56, with quality parts. We’re in for some changes in AR/parts availability soon. Even if you really like the 6.8, you can use the 5.56 gun to train more due to lower ammo prices.

Buy piles of ammo and mags, then worry about a bolt gun.
    Thanks. I think this is probably the best option. It will take me a while to build and I can many colt parts to start it such as barrel, stripped upper, bcg. Then I can figure out the lower. Once built I can train with it and when switching to the 6.8 it will be so similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I wouldn’t want my only AR to be a stainless steel PSA, but I definitely think you should at least get the parts to finish it before doing anything else. Or go on ARFCOM and sell/trade it off to get a chrome lined AR or two before shit gets stupid again. I don’t know if I believe that any legislation on them will get passed, but with the way panics go, nothing has to get passed for them to disappear and skyrocket in price for the next several years. It took a long time to get to this point after Sandy Hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have the 6.8 spc at I built from quality parts, so the psa upper is not my only ar. I might just give the psa upper to a army buddy as he only has a draco ak pistol.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What does a bolt gun do for you that a quality semi couldn’t also do?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CESwartz07 View Post

1500+ meters sub moa.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CESwartz07 View Post
    Accuracy and lightweight for the dollar. Value. Two factory rifle examples:
    * Bergara HMR
    * Tikka CTR

Both these rifles in 6.5 are under $1k. Both not only shoot sub MOA, they are typically WAY sub MOA, you frequently see people posting group at half MOA on the hide, and less. This is common with these rifles, not just one guy got lucky.

How many semiautos that weigh 7.5 - 9 lbs (the weight range of those 2 rifles) and cost less than $1K can match that kind of performance?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123