Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Bipod

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Balancing the gun on an Ice pick tip is an improvement over a Harris bipod.
    LOL, Harris is like the crusty old guy in the crowd. Mine still works, but I have an internal debate on whether I'd prefer to shoot with the Harris or have a root canal.

ETA, one word comes to mind when I think Harris: Sproing!
    Last edited by maximus83; 08-21-19 at 16:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Balancing the gun on an Ice pick tip is an improvement over a Harris bipod. I love my Atlas, but the Magpul isn't too far back in second place... followed by the KAC.

The Magpul succeeds in being useful without having to figure out what knobs/buttons do. It's intuitive.

I've been using Harris for 20 years, and I don't have any complaints with the 9-13 swivel/notched. But, I have been meaning to try one of the Magpul bipods, as I do have plenty of Magpul products and they all seem to shine.

Looks like some great endorsements here for the Magpul bipod, thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMarine View Post
    I've been using Harris for 20 years, and I don't have any complaints with the 9-13 swivel/notched. But, I have been meaning to try one of the Magpul bipods, as I do have plenty of Magpul products and they all seem to shine.

Looks like some great endorsements here for the Magpul bipod, thanks for sharing.
    Pretty much the same experience here, from the mountains of Idaho to the sugar sand pine scrubs of central FL never had one issue with my two Harris Pods. I beat the hell out of both and they still do as intended.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Harris is till a decent bipod, but Atlas blows it away. The Magpul falls in the middle. Decent lightweight bipod with mlok adapters and pic...... Most peeps that have one are ok with them.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Is the Atlas twice as good as the Magpul, thereby justifying the price? No.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Harris is till a decent bipod, but Atlas blows it away. The Magpul falls in the middle. Decent lightweight bipod with mlok adapters and pic...... Most peeps that have one are ok with them.

PB
    All jesting aside, my Harris has actually been effective and reliable. My only complaint is it seems like they haven't updated the design or anything in forever. Sproing! I know, if it ain't broke....

Still, would be nice to try a new design, also maybe shed some weight. I'm gonna try the Magpul on my new Tikka 6.5 in an XLR chassis.

Feedback Score
    I have a tan rail one for sale. Packaging is a bit beat up but it’s new, never opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It seems to be a testament to the design and construction of the Harris that, as old as the basic design is, it continues to compare favorably with much newer designs.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Has Magpul released a model that allows the legs to be angled forward? I remember reading somewhere they may have been working on that.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The legs have too much forward and aft play. I have hunted/shot with this bipod now for two years in the western US for mule deer, antelope, and elk with an SR-25 ACC.

I have also taken this gun to Alaska as a bear protection gun. Have done numerous real world shots from rocks and other natural obstacles up and down valleys.

I feel I have to constantly slide my body forward to load the bipod because of this excessive leg play. I never feel like I am in a correct shooting position. Body feels constantly stretched while laying prone.

Also, twice a moderate landing on the deployed legs has caused them telescope back to the short position.

It is easy to deploy and adjust on the fly, unlike an Atlas. I really wanted the Magpul to replace my Harris bipods that are full of sharp edges and pinch points.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast