Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fort Knox Safes Article

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Hell, I am thinking of picking up a second safe so I can keep my ammo in it so it probably won't cook off during a fire. Putting them next to each other gives a 50/50 choice for a thief to get the "good stuff" or just stacks and stacks of ammo and no guns.
    Where you a safe is located is more important than spending a fortune on the safest safe IMO. What kills me is the guy with the fancy safe in plain view in his garage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Where you a safe is located is more important than spending a fortune on the safest safe IMO. What kills me is the guy with the fancy safe in plain view in his garage.
    And OPSEC. Don't tell anybody you need a safe, have a safe or have guns to put in a safe. Short of your best shooting buddies no one should know what you have. Tell your kids to never talk about it. Tell your wife to not tell her friends. If somebody shows up ready to break into a safe/RSC with tools they probably knew you had one and something worth putting inside.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Amen, I have a buddy that moved his safe (not Fort Knox) into his large metal shop. I told him now thieves don’t have to bring anything except some tin snips to get into the shop. The neighbors will just think you are working on your truck in here AND the thieves can turn down the AC so they don’t sweat while working on entry.

I also told him he would have rust issues. He swore up and down his split unit would prevent that. I asked him where all the humidity would condense when he opens the bay doors.....

He pulled a nice 1911 out the other day with some flash rust on it. He said “don’t know how that got there!”

I just kept quite.

And yes, Fort Knox makes a nice product.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Mine is in the garage that’s the only place they deliver it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Golf balls, moving blankets, floor sliders from hardware store, if you go up/down stairs it gets trickier. 2x4’s with boat trailer carpet and pulley system.

Some places rent walking dolly’s that are great.

Extra $20 for each delivery guy will work wonders on placement as well.

There is even a guy on YouTube that delivers safes that shows you a bunch of tricks for moving them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Does this fit under the general discussion section? Mods, please move if necessary.

I've always liked the Fort Knox products particularly the newer line of M2 safes. These are only available through large dealers and are not a catalog item. Not sure why...
    The M2 appears a decent RSC. I have a write up on the issue here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-gun-safe-info

My research suggests the best RSC on the market, as good or better then some companies safes, is the AMSEC BF series. Tad more $, I'd go with the BFII series. AMSEC is the largest maker of safes in the US I believe and their experience, R&D, and economy of scale = impossible to beat for $ spent in my opinion.

AMSEC is what you see in commercial applications more than any brand for a reason.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-22-19 at 14:50.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)

I'm talking about the guy with the high gloss lacquer paint job and gold hardware embezzled safe out in the open for all to see. The average crackhead is breaking into your house looking for a safe. Around here they rifle through the medicine cabinet for dope and grab a flat screen TV on the way out. Something as simple an old blanket draped over the safe and a few yard tools leaned against it is all the camoflauge you need.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Something like this might help you.

https://www.amsecusa.com/product/safe-cloak/

I've often wondered about painting a safe bright yellow and then getting some "FLAMMABLE" stickers for it. Make it look like a paint cabinet.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Something like this might help you.

https://www.amsecusa.com/product/safe-cloak/

I've often wondered about painting a safe bright yellow and then getting some "FLAMMABLE" stickers for it. Make it look like a paint cabinet.
    Way too polished to be camo IMO. Clutter hides something way better than polished. Think about hiding 10 pounds of gold in the bottom of a clothes hamper full of shit stained underwear or a trash can filled with used tampons. Maybe in the toilet tank with 4 adult dumps in the bowl without being flushed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    And OPSEC. Don't tell anybody you need a safe, have a safe or have guns to put in a safe. Short of your best shooting buddies no one should know what you have. Tell your kids to never talk about it. Tell your wife to not tell her friends. If somebody shows up ready to break into a safe/RSC with tools they probably knew you had one and something worth putting inside.
    This times 1000.. I had a false wall in my house that slid out where I could hide some lower priced self defense weapons. I never go to even use it before I caught my 10 yr old son showing it to his neighborhood buddies. It became a broom and cleaning supply closet after that.. and I get great joy out of asking him to grab me a broom even 13 years later. He still feels bad about it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast