Thread: Tape Test And The Mil

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Tape Test And The Mil

Will, you’re talking about the black chick that’s ripped, right?

I don’t know anything about the science behind it, but you don’t have to to know that it’s bullshit. IME, 40% of people that have to get taped are in really good shape with a lot of muscle mass. 30% are in the middle and could definitely use a better nutrition and/or PT program but are probably only a few pounds away from being solid, and the other 30% are fat as shit and an embarrassing sight in uniform, but pass because the method sucks. I don’t know for sure, but I’ve always heard that if you have a fat neck, then you can get away with a sizable gut because it’s more about proportionality than anything else. I’m speaking from relative experience, I’m not MFT qualified but I’ve had to get taped ever since I destroyed me knee and have been in that middle group I mentioned. I’m not proud of it, I’m just saying that I’ve seen it more first hand now that I have had to get taped.

Here’s the other part of it though - these standards aren’t new and anyone who has been in for more than a year should be very aware of them. While it would be annoying to have to cut muscle mass or prevent if from building, I doubt she (or anyone) can argue that she didn’t see it coming. I struggled to walk for five months and couldn’t run for over a year. Pair that with eating like shit and a lot of beer because I handled the injury very poorly, I could easily see the consequences coming and even then, it wasn’t over night.

I know the other branches do it differently, but not to what extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 08-22-19 at 12:23.
    Sic semper tyrannis.