Thread: Geissele Super Duty LE Rifle Arrived!!! Pic heavy initial impressions...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Geissele Super Duty LE Rifle Arrived!!! Pic heavy initial impressions...

So I called in my order a while ago and received a phone call that my rifle was next to be built, apparently all of the Super Duty rifles are built to order. Two weeks later the rifle shipped and I picked it up tonight. Between renovating/moving into new house and hectic work schedule I have no idea when I'm going to shoot this thing, but I at least wanted to get hands on and share the results.

Packaging is irrelevant but it's very nice and shows Geissele is into first impressions...

Inside is some Super Duty swag, cable lock, rifle, and a very nice instruction manual (take note of sticker on flap, it's a checklist of various aspects of the rifle/contents that is signed off on. So QC is good to go presumably

Said manual is very detailed and in color, nice touch

Initial impression of the rifle at this point: Very solid, little to no slop, takedown/pivot pin engage nicely.

Rifle comes standard with B5 Sopmod stock and A2 grip, standard mil-spec charging handle, and flat trigger guard. Additionally it comes with Geissele's new buis.

Sights are very solid with zero play. Windage adjustment on rear, elevation on front (tool required).

Castle nut is staked 3 times:

Lower engraving as well as all of the Geissele in house made parts.

Deeply engraved t-markings...

Posi-lock safety is pretty neat. It does away with that mushy/middle ground between "safe" and "fire". The rifle is in safe and if you even slightly apply downward pressure, it's going on fire. Even trying to intentionally put it into that middle ground proved impossible.

Features the new Geissele magazine release (same texture/finish as maritime bolt catch)

Magazine well opening is flared nicely, it's more of a rounded flared opening as opposed to the notched/angled ones. Zero idea if this is relevant or beneficial, but w/e the mag well is flared.

Super Duty LE comes with their "mil-spec" bolt carrier group. All appears fine as HP/MPI markings are clearly visible and carrier key is staked:

Chrome lining is hard to pick up in picture, but it's there and very uniform/evenly applied:
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 08-21-19 at 22:59.