Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Duty LE Rifle Arrived!!! Pic heavy initial impressions...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Nice looking stick for the price point.

Rail is meh, but certainly gets the job done.
    Yeah. The long, gamer/match hand guard isn't my thing. But other than that, a good value.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I got a 6920 OEM2 for $605 shipped a number of months ago.

Yes, the Geissele price is pretty impressive, I will have to say that.

OP....the BCG isn't their uber "nano-coating" one?
    Deals are out there. 6920 with 5 mags and a carry handle for $625! Hasn’t been bid on in two or three days.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/827615887

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    @sidewaysil80

Great review and a breakdown. Rifle looks great and assembly seems superb from you photos.
    Really like a new gas block with the alignment tab - definitely not a standard one. It's unfortunate this is not a standard feature on all ARs. Price point is excellent and very competitive. I like that they offer customization options like triggers, handguards, and even barrels - great to see a large company besides BCM to offer that.

The only two things I have questions about:
    > gas length - probably similar to a KAC concept. Why go that route when nowadays you can get a reliable and smooth mid-length by choosing a proper gas port? Also from the logistics standpoint if it's a department gun they'll need some proprietary replacement parts. Probably not an issue for an individual though - most people won't ever remove a handguard, let alone shoot enough to need a replacement gas tube.
    > super 42 spring/buffer - personally I'm not really buying the marketing behind it and haven't seen any hard data to prove it's any better than a standard H1/H2 + a sprinco spring. I'm a fan of Vltor A5 though, at least with Geissele you can switch a standard components easily.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Deals are out there. 6920 with 5 mags and a carry handle for $625! Hasn’t been bid on in two or three days.

Oh no doubt. Out of curiosity I clicked on that link and it's a used gun. Still a good price no doubt but "used" can be a crap-shoot.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Oh no doubt. Out of curiosity I clicked on that link and it's a used gun. Still a good price no doubt but "used" can be a crap-shoot.
    All I buy is used man.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F5kqh5-FoSA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

And now it's $750 with 33 min to go. One of the reasons I don't use GB to gauge prices or deals. Or even use it really. It's always a good deal until the last minute.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Website says out of stock.... it says to call, but is that price LE only? I'm not seeing the mil/first responder verbage.

Heck, if it is, I can scrape that together.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That price is LE Only. Bill created the Super Duty LE model specifically in support of law enforcement officers who have to purchase their own patrol rifles. The Super Duty LE allows officers to get a quality rifle at a good price out on the street with them.

There have been some changes to the SDLE since they first came out. They were initially offered with the Magpul CTR stock but appear to now be coming with the B5 Bravo.

There were also a few configuration options the officer could make when ordering, at least when I ordered mine. These may have changed since then.

Rails: ALG EMR V2 (standard), ALG EMR V3, Geissele MK16 (upcharge)
    Triggers: ALG ACT (standard), Geissele SSA (upcharge)
    Sights: Geissele Fixed or Folding

It was my understanding that if you changed from the standard configuration, there would be a delay in shipment.

I really like mine and think it probably one of the better options on the market, especially at the $750 price point, for a patrol rifle. Would I have liked it to come with a Geissele charging handle, an extended trigger guard, and a grip other than the A2? Yes, but that would have raised the price and may have prompted some to go with a lesser quality option. That is where the non-LE Super Duty will come in with full user configurability.

I am planning to qualify with my SDLE this fall. So far I am impressed. I cannot speak to the extended intermediate gas length as my experience has been with 11.5 and 16 carbine length systems. It does seem smoother than our department Colt 6940s but without a doubt is much more balanced. The only thing I personally have to change is the A2 grip. Other than that, I put an Aimpoint PRO and Surefire M600DF on it and am ready to go. I may even throw my Trijicon Accupower on it and see what stretched capabilities it can achieve.

20190601_151036.jpg
    20190601_151632.jpg
    Last edited by eagle5; 08-25-19 at 09:43. Reason: verbosity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Marketing/advertising I guess? Who knows, but at the price point the LE model is offered I'm indifferent to the logos.

Staking does touch both bolts on both sides. However it does appear to be heavier on one side.

As far as the gas length I believe he said it was to soften the recoil impulse as well as reliability. I can't attest to either but the few people who have shot the rifle said the first they noticed was how soft the recoil was and how flat the rifle shot. I can't comment one way or the other but that seemed to be a recurring theme amongst reviewers so we'll see. I'll probably take it out tomorrow for a quick range trip.

Thanks. Not many in the wild so I wanted to get it out to anyone considering or on the fence. As far as barrels they are made in house! I don't know where the blanks come from but I know they are finished in house. On instagram not too long ago they posted pics/vid of their new Cold Hammer Forging machine running. Bill Geissele said he was adamant about making almost in house and didn't want to sub anything out. I believe he said on the release video that everything with the exception of springs/detents are produced in house.
    Just curious, what was the timeline from order to receipt if you don't mind my asking?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle5 View Post
    That price is LE Only. Bill created the Super Duty LE model specifically in support of law enforcement officers who have to purchase their own patrol rifles. The Super Duty LE allows officers to get a quality rifle at a good price out on the street with them.
    This - Bill also was pretty emphatic that this is a "patrol rifle", not a "SWAT rifle". To the rail only needs a sight and a light, not uber bombproof mounts for MAWLs / PEQs, etc. Obviously they allow LE to upgrade a bit, but it's a patrol rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle5 View Post
    I really like mine and think it probably one of the better options on the market, especially at the $750 price point, for a patrol rifle. Would I have liked it to come with a Geissele charging handle, an extended trigger guard, and a grip other than the A2? Yes, but that would have raised the price and may have prompted some to go with a lesser quality option.
    But again, it's a patrol rifle. Most LEs not huge into ARs wouldn't know the difference between CHs or grips - plus they are easily user upgraded later. on.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 08-25-19 at 12:27.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast