Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Duty LE Rifle Arrived!!! Pic heavy initial impressions...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungPatriot View Post
    Hi - thanks as well for all the info and pictures. Looks like an awesome rifle.

Question — Is the barrel/bore chrome lined?
    Spec related question that might have gotten passed over given above back and forth.

Anyone know if it’s a chrome bore and barrel? I can’t tell from web page.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wondering the same thing, the specs on the site don't specify.

Feedback Score
    Very nice looking rifle

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It's interesting to see a bigger mfg catching on to the longer gas system configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Exceptional product! Glad to see the extended intermediate gas length in a mass produced factory option. Intermediate 16” is the sweet spot like 14.5” mid. Hate the profile though, can’t seem to get away from the lingering mediocrity of government profile, these are “heavy govt profile” according to G. They also said they will sell barrels as separate components in the future.

Because its better than MID on a 16".

Gas port size is obviously important, but an Optimized gas system configuration brings things to the next level of refinement.

Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    @sidewaysil80
    The only two things I have questions about:
    > gas length - probably similar to a KAC concept. Why go that route when nowadays you can get a reliable and smooth mid-length by choosing a proper gas port? Also from the logistics standpoint if it's a department gun they'll need some proprietary replacement parts. Probably not an issue for an individual though - most people won't ever remove a handguard, let alone shoot enough to need a replacement gas tube.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BPDKar98k View Post
    Wondering the same thing, the specs on the site don't specify.
    From Mr. G himself: 'the barrel, chrome-lined military spec chrome moly v, this is M4 carbine quality on the barrel.....'

On my computer it is at 4:08: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXrzJKDjOOc
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I WILL READ THE THREAD AND NOT POST AFTER DIRECTIONS NOT TO POST ABOUT MIL/CIV
    Last edited by Caduceus; 08-27-19 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    From Mr. G himself: 'the barrel, chrome-lined military spec chrome moly v, this is M4 carbine quality on the barrel.....'

On my computer it is at 4:08: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXrzJKDjOOc
    Also confirmed per Geissele that it’s chrome lined. Looks like they changed the rail to ALG version with full pic top rail.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    High quality contribution, thank you for posting.
    Completely agree.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    What an amazing deal for our LEO's who often choose the lower price over quality. There is no having to choose between the two here. GREAT WRITE UP OP!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Fellas (and ladies if any) I’m genuinely sorry for the delayed range report. Remodeling/moving into a house, divorce, going through FTI with new agency, kids, developing a lesson plan, and Tinder have been eating ALL of my free time.

As SOON as I get a moment I’ll update or create a new post. I have a variety of ammo on hand and am willing to shoot something specific if sent out. Will be using an indoor range for consistent temps/weather and will likely throw my ATACR 4-16 on it for grouping.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 09-01-19 at 19:35.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast