Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Duty LE Rifle Arrived!!! Pic heavy initial impressions...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    That one has a different rail and what other upgrades?

I know the 6920’s are found used around this price.

But, they don’t have free floated hand guards, they’re not midlength gas, they don’t have the 42 spring, a SOPMOD stock, a hammer forged barrel, etc.

A better comparison would be Colt selling their CCU (which doesn’t include BUIS or CHF) for $750.

Personally, I’m really impressed with Geissele and this gun.

God Bless,

Brandon

ETA: The one in the link also has the SSF trigger, a Daniel Defense Barrel, upgraded charging handle, surefire flash hider, etc.
    Last edited by BWT; 09-02-19 at 08:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post

I know the 6920’s are found used around this price.

But, they don’t have free floated hand guards, they’re not midlength gas, they don’t have the 42 spring, a SOPMOD stock, a hammer forged barrel, etc.

A better comparison would be Colt selling their CCU (which doesn’t include BUIS or CHF) for $750.

Personally, I’m really impressed with Geissele and this gun.

God Bless,

Brandon

ETA: The one in the link also has the SSF trigger, a Daniel Defense Barrel, upgraded charging handle, surefire flash hider, etc.
    Not horrible at 1600 but at 2k LMT and KAC are a better investment. Quick seach and LMTs are in that 1500-1700 range. At 1600 it is still way more than a comparable BCM, DD, Centurion etc. That extra $400 will easily get you a Larue trigger, Sprinco or Tubbs spring and some sights.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by me2hootyhoo View Post
    Not horrible at 1600 but at 2k LMT and KAC are a better investment. Quick seach and LMTs are in that 1500-1700 range. At 1600 it is still way more than a comparable BCM, DD, Centurion etc. That extra $400 will easily get you a Larue trigger, Sprinco or Tubbs spring and some sights.
    What I was saying I believe is illustrated here.

https://geissele.com/super-duty-14-5.html

Oh, I agree with what you’re saying.

But, what I’m saying is You can configure the gun how you want, but when you add the DD barrel, SSF trigger, Surefire flash hider, etc. that inflates the price.

I’d be interested what this base rifle costs and it also appears to come with option for the nanotechnology BCG.

God bless,

Brandon

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    What's the point of a SSF trigger converted to semi-auto? Geissele makes plenty of great semi-auto triggers, why convert a FA trigger to Semi?

Feedback Score
    What I was saying I believe is illustrated here.

https://geissele.com/super-duty-14-5.html

Oh, I agree with what you’re saying.

But, what I’m saying is You can configure the gun how you want, but when you add the DD barrel, SSF trigger, Surefire flash hider, etc. that inflates the price.

I’d be interested what this base rifle costs and it also appears to come with option for the nanotechnology BCG.

God bless,

Brandon
    Yeah I was kinda replying to both of ya's.

It seems the Geissele name inflates the price more than anything. The company has learned they can charge a premium for their products. I have a feeling this is going to be one pricey rig. Look at the drop down prices, they are asking more than what you can buy the items on your own for. I'm sure its a nice product being from Geissele of course.

The original rifle is LEO only for $750 which is very reasonable. The 1600/2000 is a bit extreme in a saturated market. The base gun is going to be 2k, the customizable gun appears to be the same minus the muzzle device. $$

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    What's the point of a SSF trigger converted to semi-auto? Geissele makes plenty of great semi-auto triggers, why convert a FA trigger to Semi?
    Cloners got to clone yo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    From what I saw these are the differences, listed as Civilian v. LE:

MUZZLE DEVICE: Sure-Fire Pinned and Welded v. Mil-Spec A2
    BARREL: 14.5 DD Mid-length v. 16in Giessele Length Gas System
    RAIL: URGI DDC v. ALG V3X EMR
    CHARGING HANDLE: Airborne Charging Handle v. Mil-Spec
    BOLT CARRIER GROUP: BCG not sure if different
    TRIGGER: SSF converted to Semi v. ALG ACT

Description leads me to believe BUIS and BCG's are probably the same.

Interesting.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Cloners got to clone yo
    Yeah, the more I watch those clowns, the more I am convinced cloners have a legitimate sickness.

This first Geissele Rifle is geared toward cloners - once they offer custom options of muzzle device, trigger, etc it will be more interesting.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    The LE Super Duty rifle sounds amazing for the price. Thanks to the OP for the detailed pics and for the upcoming range report. I don't need another AR but I am having a really hard time NOT placing an order.
    Last edited by Mark71; 09-02-19 at 14:56.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast