Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Micro 3x magnifier

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPenguin5145 View Post
    I picked one up two weeks ago. Its mounted on a 14.7 with an Aimpoint H2 in front of it. There is some wiggle in hinge, but its not bad. What I had a real problem with was maxing out 'windage' adjustments of the mag to get the dot centered. I put about 200 rounds down-range without issue. I looked closer and noted the magnifier is not mounted parallel with the gun. It is slightly canted left. I checked to ensure the mount was clean and the mag was mounted to the mount correctly. I tried it on a different gun and found the same issue.

So I might send it back to Vortex to get it looked at...
    Please do - that is most certainly not normal. Thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Schootz View Post
    How well does it work with an Aimpoint T2 in a lower 1/3 mount? Thank you.
    Should work perfectly fine if you use the included shim in the base to make sure it is also set at a lower 1/3 co-witness height to match the dot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
    Should work perfectly fine if you use the included shim in the base to make sure it is also set at a lower 1/3 co-witness height to match the dot.
    It does. My H2 is on a LEAP lower 1/3.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
    This can be used at absolute or lower 1/3 co-witness heights with the addition or subtraction of the included riser shim.
    I bought one. I have it installed with the lower 1/3 shim. I’d be interested in buying a thicker shim with longer screws if y’all sold such a thing, so I could get it a little higher.

I’d also be happier if it was made in PI (or most anywhere) instead of PRC.

Any chance y’all have a 5 or 6x in the works?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I have a micro 3x that I have been moving around on a couple of rifles and really like it.
    So far I have used behind a 2nd gen crossfire and a sparc ar and it really cleans up the dot and makes zeroing a breeze. Magpul mbus pros are definitely the way to go for a backup sight that fits well under the magnifier.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The Micro 3x works really well with my Aimpoint M4s - everything fits exactly perfectly. And I *love* the diopter adjustment so I can bring the dot into crisp focus vs seeing a blurry comet.

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I bought one. I have it installed with the lower 1/3 shim. I’d be interested in buying a thicker shim with longer screws if y’all sold such a thing, so I could get it a little higher.

I’d also be happier if it was made in PI (or most anywhere) instead of PRC.

Any chance y’all have a 5 or 6x in the works?
    I would love to see a AMG UH-1 and AMG 3x Mag combo get released when the new NV capable UH-1 drops.

Feedback Score
    I still have not returned mine as requested by Vortex in an above post. Being slightly out of parallel doesn't seem to be effecting anything. I have now also dropped it a few times on pavement like an idiot but it still works well.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    How are people liking these? I ended up selling my last LPVO for the time being and am already missing having some type of magnification. Brownells has a good deal on these paired with the SPARC Solar which I haven’t used yet but seems like it’ll be very solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How are people liking these? I ended up selling my last LPVO for the time being and am already missing having some type of magnification. Brownells has a good deal on these paired with the SPARC Solar which I haven’t used yet but seems like it’ll be very solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are others with better glass quality. Comparing it to an Aimpoint mag in a dim area, the difference is visible. It works well for zeroing and casual use with my lower-third Aimpoints and Eotechs. It gets mounted only as needed. Its very short, which solved an issue I was having with a previous magnifier and a Comp M4. As others have pointed out, it has a diopter adjustment, which some will find very valuable.

I use an Aimpoint magnifier and T2 on my main setup in 1.93” Scalarworks mounts. This works well for bridging the gap between a dot and a LPVO. It gets used enough and is light enough that it only occasionally gets removed from the upper.

A buddy of mine is fond of his Eotech magnifier, but we haven’t tried comparing it to my Aimpoint.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast