Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Federal Hydra Shok Deep - Any info out there?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Federal Hydra Shok Deep - Any info out there?

All of the information I can find on this is just parroting what Federal says. I picked up 100 rounds of the 9mm (135gr), but I don't do ballistic testing. Nothing of note to report from firing it - it's just as reliable as regular Hydra Shok. Curious if anyone has done their own testing or has seen a reputable review.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    The New Hydra shok is a great bullet. Expands reliably and penetrates deep. If seen it in gel with 4 layers of denim. I would use it.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Federal Hydra shok was our agency duty round based on the recommendation of the F.B.I. We had no complaints.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKROCK6 View Post
    Federal Hydra shok was our agency duty round based on the recommendation of the F.B.I. We had no complaints.
    Are you saying your agency adopted the new hydra shock deep or they were using the old hydra shocks? The orginal hydra shock sucked ass and had habit of easily clogging up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In fairness that was before 4LD testing if I recall right.

Is it cheaper or more available, and more consistent than HST or GD? If the answer is no or I don't know there is little to interest me. Stop searching for a magic bullet and practice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Are you saying your agency adopted the new hydra shock deep or they were using the old hydra shocks? The orginal hydra shock sucked ass and had habit of easily clogging up.
    Todd K is so right. Bullets are bullets. I carry 124 grain FMJ in all self defense guns.

And yesterday's miracle bullet is today's marshmallow.

Remember Silvertips? Expanded to the size of coffee saucers and stopped bad guys in their tracks, they did. Until Hydra Shok came along.

Then Hydra Shok was the cat's meow, and Silvertips suddenly couldn't stop gophers. Ah, but then came the SXT, and guess what?

Those sorry Hydra Shoks. Get you killed they would. No, SXT turned Thugz into dead meat on contact. But not really, because now there is . . . .
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 01-26-20 at 07:10.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Bullets are bullets. I carry 124 grain FMJ in all self defense guns.
    I’m curious, how did you arrive at the decision to make 124 gr FMJ your self defense round?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    I’m curious, how did you arrive at the decision to make 124 gr FMJ your self defense round?
    Because they are more deadlier than 115 grain because all handgun bullets are the same because they aren't.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Todd K is so right. Bullets are bullets. I carry 124 grain FMJ in all self defense guns.

And yesterday's miracle bullet is today's marshmallow.

Remember Silvertips? Expanded to the size of coffee saucers and stopped bad guys in their tracks, they did. Until Hydra Shok came along.

Then Hydra Shok was the cat's meow, and Silvertips suddenly couldn't stop gophers. Ah, but then came the SXT, and guess what?

Those sorry Hydra Shoks. Get you killed they would. No, SXT turned Thugz into dead meat on contact. But not really, because now there is . . . .
    Ah the advance of technology. I guess we should all use flintlocks and bayonets then, right? Or maybe forgo firearms in general, as the design keeps changing and use pointed sticks?
    Last edited by Alpha-17; 01-26-20 at 09:12.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast