I received a message from my dealer that he had received a trace request on a pistol that I purchased from him back in 2015. After I purchased the pistol, I decided that the glossy stainless finish was a little to blingy for me. I set it aside and purchased a black version of the same pistol. A year or so later I sold the stainless one on GunBroker. I keep documentation of all of my sales, so I found the information regarding who I sold it to and his dealer who I shipped it to. Apparently the ATF has taken the time to trace the pistol from the manufacturer to the distributor to my dealer, so I'm assuming that I'm next to be contacted. For those who have been through this or are in the know, do you have suggestions regarding do's and don'ts? Do they typically call, visit you at work or visit you at home? Do they come with some sort of court order or do they just try to sweet talk to get the information they want? I'm obviously curious as to why they're tracing the pistol. Do they typically divulge that or are they tight lipped?