Thread: LVPO Lens Scratches

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

LVPO Lens Scratches

Is there any way to deal with a scratch after its done? Recently I was using my optic at the range and I didn't notice any scratches at all. But after my range session upon inspection of my optic I noticed the scratch. Are scratches a more noticeable issue with magnified optics because I've never had this problem with red dots? Also a what point should I worry about a scratch?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I would recommend ignoring the scratch. It didn't bother you at the range, so that is good. My next step would be to send it back to the manufacturer for repair.

Or, you could probably sell it to us. This is exactly what a lot of people seek in a "well used" optic. Something that still works perfectly, but has some cosmetic wear.

The only trick that I know of (That I would not try on an optic) is to try to polish out the scratch with a little bit of toothpaste on a damp q-tip. I've tried it on sunglasses, and it helped a little. It didn't damage the sunglasses. However, I would not try this on an optic because they often have lense coatings.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some of the anti-fog stuff might reduce (temporarily) how noticeable it is.

The very first anti-fog I picked up at a gun show(and that works better than most) is even marketed that way. After learning more about anti-fog I am reasonably sure it is generic pink dishwashing liquid repacked in to dropper bottles and sold for $4 oz. so I don't stick it on scopes due to coating concerns either.