Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partially building first AR.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've never heard of Alpha Shooting Sports, and it seems you should forget that you have.

An LE6960 upper from Brownells (with a Colt, BCM, Centurion, or Sionics BCG) paired with a Sionics Gutless Lower assembly (with a Geissle or LaRue trigger and your preferred stock) would be a great fighting tool.

I'd be very comfortable putting these two together to take care of business.

Feedback Score
    Checkout primaryarms for lower parts.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    What will the gun be used for? Instagram pictures or for shooting? Are you gonna take it to classes and use it to defend yourself and family? If so, start with one or more of the following:

Colt
    LMT
    BCM
    Sons of Liberty Gun Works
    Sionics
    Daniel Defense
    FN
    Centurion

Avoid PSA, Alpha Shooting Sports, Strike Industries, Anderson, and all the other low quality brands. Skip the brightly colored parts, they never look good, not even on a 3 gunner setup. They're typically from low quality companies and the anodizing is very suspect.
    The aren't many more to add to that first list (KAC and Geissele come to mind), but a there's plenty to add to that second one, Radical Arms, AR Stoner, Diamondback, Windham Weaponry are few more turds to avoid and the list is still short.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I've never heard of Alpha Shooting Sports, and it seems you should forget that you have.

An LE6960 upper from Brownells (with a Colt, BCM, Centurion, or Sionics BCG) paired with a Sionics Gutless Lower assembly (with a Geissle or LaRue trigger and your preferred stock) would be a great fighting tool.

I'd be very comfortable putting these two together to take care of business.
    OP,

This is a very solid plan, I've been telling people something similar...get your upper of choice from BCM, Colt or SIONICS (the LE6960 mentioned above is a great option), get BCM (or Vltor if you can find one) A5 receiver extension and send it to SIONICS to slap on their Gutless Lower, add a A5H2 buffer and Sprinco Green spring.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Thank you all for replying, i do realize that this is a tool not a toy, ive been using guns for years, just not ARs. I was asking about colors because i like to personalize my stuff and give it uniqueness. It will most certainly be a range shooting and home protection weapon, hopefully eventually i can go to classes with it. Unfortunately as of right now i wont have the funds for excessive monthly shooting, so it would probably only be several hundred rounds (200-500) a month. Im looking at Daniel Defense for an upper and SIONICS for my lower, a bit more pricey but im going for a long term rifle. Again, thanks everyone for the help, its appreciated.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Both have good reputations, I hope you enjoy. If you want to save some cash, DD tends to be priced a bit higher than others, and Colt and BCM both offer great uppers with chrome lined barrels for perhaps a bit less money. Or a Sionics upper would allow you to put together a complete rifle from the same manufacturer.
    As others have said, cerakote or some types of spray paint can provide some practical (or not, check out blowndeadline on Instagram or their site) customization when it comes to adding color to a carbine.

Feedback Score
    I spent quite bit to buy all of the punches, roll pin holders, and gun vise block set. I had a torque wrench already and used a standard barrel nut. I built a few lowers and bought a few fully assembled uppers. My last build used a Aero upper receiver and Spikes Tactical chrome lined barrel. I also built a lower with and FDE pistol grip, tube and stock. I also bought a FDE hand guard as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12