Thread: Anyone had an Eotech Exps mount come loose?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Anyone had an Eotech Exps mount come loose?

Was at the range yesterday and was having some inconsistency in groups. I checked and sure enough there was some front to back play and some side to side movement. I will chalk it up to user error at install but I was certain to push it forward when locking it down when I first got it and setting the screw tight enough to eliminate it. Since this is my first EOTECH I was not certain if this was something anyone else had encountered. Thankfully I have time to get back to the range before taking a class next weekend.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I have not, what model were you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    It is an EXPS 2. Once I get back in front of it I am going to see if I can add some loctite . I have not had any type of QD mount loosen up so this is a new one on me.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I did. Because I didn’t tighten it well enough before closing the QD.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone had an Eotech Exps mount come loose?

Yes, I’ve seen that happen with those mounts. Not sure if there’s stretch in the hardware or some “crush” in the rail or a little of both. Anyway, retighten the adjustment on the lever and monitor. May have to tighten a couple of times before it is set.
    Last edited by Ryno12; 08-24-19 at 15:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    I've just got to remember to periodically check anything screwed onto my ARs.
    The other day while out shooting, I noticed one of my Eotech EXPS hood screws missing.
    Whether it fell off a minute ago or a month ago, I don't know.
    I put a regular 6-32 screw in for a few days until my order of replacement screws arrived.
    On that very same range trip, while shooting my front back-up-iron-sight flew off.
    I think "periodically" will now mean for me to check all these screws as I clean the gun each time after shooting.

To answer the question in Post_1, "no". I've not (yet) had my Eotech's mount loosen up.
    Last edited by L-2; 11-09-19 at 18:18.