G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Centurion 12.5” mid-length input

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    581
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

    Centurion 12.5” mid-length input

    Has anyone used a 12.5inch mid length barrel, specifically if possible from Centurion?

    Centurion states that these are cut from a 16 inch mid.

    I know there are several 13.7 mid length barrels but I’ve never heard of a Mid length on something as short as the 12.5.

    Would appreciate feedback particularly on experience.

    The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    6,467
    Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    There was a discussion about these in a Facebook group yesterday. Not a ton of first hand users (definitely two, maybe a third I think) but they all had positive things to say. I really want to try one paired with their midlength cut out rail.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    45
    Feedback Score
    0
    I too am interested in this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    There was a discussion about these in a Facebook group yesterday. Not a ton of first hand users (definitely two, maybe a third I think) but they all had positive things to say. I really want to try one paired with their midlength cut out rail.
    Could you post a link to said Facebook discussion? I'd like to read the comments.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    756
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Paging docsherm to AR General Discussion please, paging docsherm to AR General Discussion...
    "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."- Neil McCauley

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DFW, TEXAS
    Posts
    3,885
    Feedback Score
    243 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Paging docsherm to AR General Discussion please, paging docsherm to AR General Discussion...
    OK, I heard you..... LOLOLOLOL


    I have a SS 12.5 Middy barrel that is made by Rainier Arms. I have an A5 buffer system on it and usually use an AAC Mini4 can when I shoot it. I have a NX8 scope on it in a LT 1.93 mount.

    First off, Rainier Arms make one super accurate barrel. Theose guys are great.

    Function is great. It loves .69 grain Blackhills ammo. It is one of the smoothest shooting ARs I have even used.

    I have 3 different 12.5 ARs. Two of them are carbine gas and one is a middy. That middy is by far the smoothest. Very low felt recoil.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firarms industry.


    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    196
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    How’s the middy with dirty conditions and weaker/variety of ammo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DFW, TEXAS
    Posts
    3,885
    Feedback Score
    243 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dylank0723 View Post
    How’s the middy with dirty conditions and weaker/variety of ammo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I shot Brown Bear and Wolf Steel Case ammo with and without a can. No issues. As for conditions...... i am in TEXAS..... so it WILL shoot in 100 plus degrees with no issue.

    And i am not really one to clean my ARs. Just add more lube and maybe run a boresnake through it.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firarms industry.


    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    125
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateCitizen View Post
    Has anyone used a 12.5inch mid length barrel, specifically if possible from Centurion?

    Centurion states that these are cut from a 16 inch mid.

    I know there are several 13.7 mid length barrels but I’ve never heard of a Mid length on something as short as the 12.5.

    Would appreciate feedback particularly on experience.
    i cant speak for the 12.5 but i can speak for centurions 14.5 & 16 barrels, centurion puts out damn good barrels. id expect the 12.5 to be no different

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    581
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As the Centurion is cut down from a Mid Length I can only assume the gas port is the same as a standard Centurion mid …

    So, as I have a mid barrel just collecting dust (BA Hanson 16" Stainless .223Wylde) … is a chop/tap/crown a reliable pathway (as in how much does it depend on the port sizing?)

    @docsherm, Adjustable gas block? Also, what A5 buffer wight do you run … and do you need to change it between un/suppressed?

    Thanks all!

    I already have a BCM factory SBR and an A5 (A5H3 I think) … obviously in carbine as that is how they do it

    The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    756
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    OK, I heard you..... LOLOLOLOL


    I have a SS 12.5 Middy barrel that is made by Rainier Arms. I have an A5 buffer system on it and usually use an AAC Mini4 can when I shoot it. I have a NX8 scope on it in a LT 1.93 mount.

    First off, Rainier Arms make one super accurate barrel. Theose guys are great.

    Function is great. It loves .69 grain Blackhills ammo. It is one of the smoothest shooting ARs I have even used.

    I have 3 different 12.5 ARs. Two of them are carbine gas and one is a middy. That middy is by far the smoothest. Very low felt recoil.
    Huh. I swore you had a Centurion 12.5 middy.

    Did Rainier stop making those? They're not on their website.
    "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."- Neil McCauley

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •