G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Centurion 12.5” mid-length input

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Centurion 12.5” mid-length input

Has anyone used a 12.5inch mid length barrel, specifically if possible from Centurion?

Centurion states that these are cut from a 16 inch mid.

I know there are several 13.7 mid length barrels but I’ve never heard of a Mid length on something as short as the 12.5.

Would appreciate feedback particularly on experience.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    There was a discussion about these in a Facebook group yesterday. Not a ton of first hand users (definitely two, maybe a third I think) but they all had positive things to say. I really want to try one paired with their midlength cut out rail.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I too am interested in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    There was a discussion about these in a Facebook group yesterday. Not a ton of first hand users (definitely two, maybe a third I think) but they all had positive things to say. I really want to try one paired with their midlength cut out rail.
    Could you post a link to said Facebook discussion? I'd like to read the comments.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Paging docsherm to AR General Discussion please, paging docsherm to AR General Discussion...
    "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."- Neil McCauley

Feedback Score
    243 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Paging docsherm to AR General Discussion please, paging docsherm to AR General Discussion...
    OK, I heard you..... LOLOLOLOL

I have a SS 12.5 Middy barrel that is made by Rainier Arms. I have an A5 buffer system on it and usually use an AAC Mini4 can when I shoot it. I have a NX8 scope on it in a LT 1.93 mount.

First off, Rainier Arms make one super accurate barrel. Theose guys are great.

Function is great. It loves .69 grain Blackhills ammo. It is one of the smoothest shooting ARs I have even used.

I have 3 different 12.5 ARs. Two of them are carbine gas and one is a middy. That middy is by far the smoothest. Very low felt recoil.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firarms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    How’s the middy with dirty conditions and weaker/variety of ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    243 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dylank0723 View Post
    How’s the middy with dirty conditions and weaker/variety of ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I shot Brown Bear and Wolf Steel Case ammo with and without a can. No issues. As for conditions...... i am in TEXAS..... so it WILL shoot in 100 plus degrees with no issue.

And i am not really one to clean my ARs. Just add more lube and maybe run a boresnake through it.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firarms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateCitizen View Post
    Has anyone used a 12.5inch mid length barrel, specifically if possible from Centurion?

Centurion states that these are cut from a 16 inch mid.

I know there are several 13.7 mid length barrels but I’ve never heard of a Mid length on something as short as the 12.5.

Would appreciate feedback particularly on experience.
    i cant speak for the 12.5 but i can speak for centurions 14.5 & 16 barrels, centurion puts out damn good barrels. id expect the 12.5 to be no different

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As the Centurion is cut down from a Mid Length I can only assume the gas port is the same as a standard Centurion mid …

So, as I have a mid barrel just collecting dust (BA Hanson 16" Stainless .223Wylde) … is a chop/tap/crown a reliable pathway (as in how much does it depend on the port sizing?)

@docsherm, Adjustable gas block? Also, what A5 buffer wight do you run … and do you need to change it between un/suppressed?

Thanks all!

I already have a BCM factory SBR and an A5 (A5H3 I think) … obviously in carbine as that is how they do it

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    OK, I heard you..... LOLOLOLOL

I have a SS 12.5 Middy barrel that is made by Rainier Arms. I have an A5 buffer system on it and usually use an AAC Mini4 can when I shoot it. I have a NX8 scope on it in a LT 1.93 mount.

First off, Rainier Arms make one super accurate barrel. Theose guys are great.

Function is great. It loves .69 grain Blackhills ammo. It is one of the smoothest shooting ARs I have even used.

I have 3 different 12.5 ARs. Two of them are carbine gas and one is a middy. That middy is by far the smoothest. Very low felt recoil.
    Huh. I swore you had a Centurion 12.5 middy.

Did Rainier stop making those? They're not on their website.
    "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."- Neil McCauley

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast