Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream setup

Feedback Score

Dream setup

Say money wasnt an issue, you have competition, cqb, perimeter, and long distance setups already, mags and ammo coming out of your ears, and you've got the itch for a new AR and optic and you want top tier everything. What would you get? No purpose other than pure shooting enjoyment.
    Last edited by Strength Of Arms; 08-24-19 at 13:14.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strength Of Arms View Post
    Say money wasnt an issue, you have competition, cqb, perimeter, and long distance setups already, mags and ammo coming out of your ears, and you've got the itch for a new AR and optic and you want top tier everything. What would you get? No purpose other than pure shooting enjoyment.
    M16A2 clone... Oh yeah, I already have one of those

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    M16A2 clone...
    Not bad. Shooting enjoyment does come easy on a rifle gas system.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    M16A2 clone...
    Not bad. Shooting enjoyment does come easy on a rifle gas system.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Full length 20" rifles are probably the most "enjoyable" ARs for me from a shooting standpoint, and I've already got two A1 clones.

So I think I'd get an M16A4 type rifle with an ACOG or Elcan or something. (I don't really know how good Elcans are or are not, but I've always kinda wanted to mess with one.) Should be a fun shooter and also very practical too because I feel that 20" ARs are still very relevant, at least for civilians.

If money and laws were no object I think I'd want either a full auto Colt 733 or Colt light machine gun. I fired someone's full auto but closed-bolt mockup of the latter and thought it was pretty neat.
    I've always been kinda interested in light support weapons, mostly because I can't have them.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Knights 16 inch, NF NX8 1-8 and topped with a Knights can. Yup that'l do. oh and a case of BH 77grain OTM

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Knights 16 inch, NF NX8 1-8 and topped with a Knights can. Yup that'l do. oh and a case of BH 77grain OTM

PB
    I like this answer.

I think I'd go with a 14.5" or 16" midlength gas LMT MRP MARS (rifle length rail, not carbine length). I'd run it with an LMT enhanced bolt carrier group and a Geissele SSP. Nightforce ATACR 1-8 in a KAC mount for the optic. B.E. Meyers MAWL and Modlight for use at night with/without NV.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    With everything else already covered.... I'd want my first AR I was issued when I got to Ft Campbell. It was an M16A1 made by Hydramatic Division of GM. I've still got my weapons card with the serial number on it somewhere in all my old stuff. Just because.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I’d probably do a kiss 6920. Carry handle, A2 front sight post, standard heat shields, standard bird cage fh.
    Trigger, sling and grip of your choice if anything. No scope or hologram optic, no light, no fwd grip. Just kiss.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    I’d probably do a kiss 6920. Carry handle, A2 front sight post, standard heat shields, standard bird cage fh.
    Trigger, sling and grip of your choice if anything. No scope or hologram optic, no light, no fwd grip. Just kiss.
    Describes my 6920. Box stock with carry handle sight.

N.B. to LoboTBL: check out Brownells M16A1 or XM16E1.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 08-24-19 at 20:44.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast