Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: SLR-101S questions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    I think if the test was done today the results would be the exact same- some AK variant would win and everyone would keep crying.

Muh' froglube froze, not fair!
    The pdf of the article is out there somewhere. It was from a police magazine I believe. They also tested Steyr Maadi AKs and Galil 5.56s that likewise choked. I know they ultimately settled on a Galil for cost but the Valmet survived all as it was built and improved over the AK.

It even listed how they died. Most just froze but the G3 cocking handle either froze shut or became brittle.

To be fair, arctic AR care has come a long way but Finland knows the cold.

IIRC the Galil mags were the main failing point. Again, someone should truffle that article

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I stand corrected about Galil but it had been years since I last saw that.

But would still take Valmet though because she was best girl in Uppotte

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    And the ex-hubby didn't get to keep his rifle? WTH? Good for you though. Free rifle!

I know a lot of states put the ex on a no-buy NICS list and you need to pay a lawyer extra to petition to stay off of it.

What states are those that put an ex-husband on a no buy list just because they got a divorce? Never heard of that one before.

And, since the OP opened the door on how he acquired the firearm, was the liberal ex-wife awarded the firearm in the divorce decree or marital settlement agreement? If not, possession of a stolen firearm is a serious offense.
    Last edited by peruna; 08-31-19 at 21:17.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    What states are those that put an ex-husband on a no buy list just because they got a divorce? Never heard of that one before.

And, since the OP opened the door on how he acquired the firearm, was the liberal ex-wife awarded the firearm in the divorce decree or marital settlement agreement? If not, possession of a stolen firearm is a serious offense.
    Sometimes I wonder how much people read or how much of what they read they comprehend.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Double.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the tip, but the question was directed to how it was acquired by the ex-wife. Not the ultimate disposition. Although selling a stolen firearm is also a serious offense.

Sometimes I wonder how much people read or how much of what they read they comprehend.
    Last edited by peruna; 08-31-19 at 21:43.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    Thanks for the tip, but the question was directed to how it was acquired by the ex-wife. Not the ultimate disposition. Although selling a stolen firearm is also a serious offense.

She had her son let her into his house and she took all his guns. She gave the AK to me since the rest were pistols and she wanted to keep them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    She had her son let her into his house and she took all his guns. She gave the AK to me since the rest were pistols and she wanted to keep them.

Ouch. If the ex-husband has reported it stolen or ever does report it as stolen, it could be a big problem for someone since it sounds like she and her son essentially stole it unless the original transfer has her name on it.
    Last edited by peruna; 08-31-19 at 21:59.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast