Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current recommendations for suppressors to perm attach to an 11.5" bbl for 16" OAL???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Current recommendations for suppressors to perm attach to an 11.5" bbl for 16" OAL???

I've been out of touch on suppressor development for a while now.

What are your current recommendations for suppressors to perm attach to an 11.5" bbl for 16" OAL???

Thanks for the assist.

TED

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    I've been out of touch on suppressor development for a while now.

What are your current recommendations for suppressors to perm attach to an 11.5" bbl for 16" OAL???

Thanks for the assist.

TED
    What can? Why do you want to permanently attach it to the barrel?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thunder Beast makes a can specifically for this purpose. It is designed so that it may be taken apart from the muzzle without needing to remove the can from the barrel and re-pin/weld, etc. It is fairly heavy, though, if weight is a consideration.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    What can? Why do you want to permanently attach it to the barrel?
    If permanently attached to a short barrel you only pay the suppressor tax, not the SBR tax, saving $200.
    Also, if there are places that allow suppressors but not SBRs, this would be permissible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    If permanently attached to a short barrel you only pay the suppressor tax, not the SBR tax, saving $200.
    Also, if there are places that allow suppressors but not SBRs, this would be permissible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I know why you do it. The question was to the OP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It looks like I forgot to specify that this would be for 5.56.

In addition to what Steve Shanon said, there is also the issue that you have to file an ATF form 5320.20 when taking an SBR across state lines, but not for a suppressor. So traveling interstate would be much easier.

I know Tactical Solutions makes an upper with a permanently mounted elongated cup into which you can place your suppressor, like their SBX barrel for the 10/22. I like the idea, it's simple. It limits the diameter of the can but at least you are not stuck with one specific non-removable can. Sadly, they are, in my opinion, ridiculously overprices for what they are.

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

In addition to what Steve Shanon said, there is also the issue that you have to file an ATF form 5320.20 when taking an SBR across state lines, but not for a suppressor. So traveling interstate would be much easier.

I know Tactical Solutions makes an upper with a permanently mounted elongated cup into which you can place your suppressor, like their SBX barrel for the 10/22. I like the idea, it's simple. It limits the diameter of the can but at least you are not stuck with one specific non-removable can. Sadly, they are, in my opinion, ridiculously overprices for what they are.

TED

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post

TED
    Personally I think you would be better off with a can and a pistol lower. I dont know all the calibers you have but you can cover a lot of bases with a 30 cal can and a 22 can.

Integrated suppressors can be awesome but at the same time very limiting and are much better in slower calibers - 300 blk, 9mm, 22lr.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Personally I think you would be better off with a can and a pistol lower.
    Was going to suggest the same thing.

Feedback Score
    Griffin has a permable can, as did/does aac.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast