Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Trying to decide on my Next AR

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Good for you. I’m not a fan of the 6920 barrel length and profile, but it is really all anyone needs. I like it freefloated.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSplumber View Post
    Yeah, sorry, I just wasn't sure what to say with all the talk of lube and lead lol

I took ssnimo's advice and snagged a like-new 6920 off Armslist yesterday. Funnily enough as soon as I got home I saw where Colt just suspended sales of rifles to the commercial market. Guess I got a second backup 6920 just in time.

Indeed. I'd been looking for a AR6951 9mm carbine and everybody was out of stock. Blew it 6 months ago when I saw one at a gun show and didn't cough up. 2 days ago I did a deep 'net search and found a new one. Called 'em and bought it. Little did I know.

I guess the advice "just get a 6920" will have to change.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I guess the advice "just get a 6920" will have to change.
    I wonder what will fill the vacuum? I guess the BCM M4 Mod 0 would be about as close as it gets, and might be even better.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSplumber View Post
    I wonder what will fill the vacuum? I guess the BCM M4 Mod 0 would be about as close as it gets, and might be even better.
    The pickins just got slim on a quality FSB M4 basic rifle. BCM and LMT are basically what is left. You can get a SOLGW in mid-length. None of these rifles were really worth their asking price when the 6920 and the other Colt variants were around. Tomorrow is a new day.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    The pickins just got slim on a quality FSB M4 basic rifle. BCM and LMT are basically what is left. You can get a SOLGW in mid-length. None of these rifles were really worth their asking price when the 6920 and the other Colt variants were around. Tomorrow is a new day.
    No, Bud's is selling the BCM M4 mod 0 for $931. Quality rifle for about the same price as a 6920. That's probably what will fill the gap. I don't see then at gun shows like I did the Colts, but maybe BCM will crank up production.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Sons just announced a mid-length basic carbine to "compete" with the 6920. They had a post on facebook. Said only available to dealers and LE on their site and non LE could purchase through dealers. They said pricing better than 6920 but i didnt see anywhere yet. Guessing $799ish

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    That’s cool

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Funny. I read some threads on this over at ar15.com and their attitude towards Colt ARs is opposite of here. Overpriced entry level crud with lots of hype, they say, and good riddance. You're just paying for the horse, and anyway PSA and Bushmaster are better.

I think there will continue a demand for a reasonably priced spec grade rifle. BCM and others are already poised to take up the slack.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819