Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Question regarding pre employment polygraph testing (LEO input prefered)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtheman View Post
    I'm sure he still has until the age of 35 or 37 to get squared away for Federal LE. Given he has roughly ten years, he could learn multiple foreign languages and finance degrees in that time period possibly giving him and edge on other applicants, maybe even you.

Secondly, not everyone has their life planned out at 16,-18. Apparently you did, good for you. One question I have is how well do you actually know your partner's history, because unless there has been some breach in keeping hiring files confidential you have no real way of fully knowing. Hell, your current partner could have been someone just like him. I'm not current LE yet, so I'm just playing devil advocate.
    No, I assure you, the extent of his marijuana abuse has eliminated any chance he had of getting most, if not all, 1811 Federal LE jobs. It doesn't matter if he speaks 7 languages and has been clean forever after. That's just a fact.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    anybody telling this kid he'll "never" be a cop based on the history that he's given is incorrect, and an asshole. but most cops are. both. often.

i wanna stand up and should "bullshit" every time i hear a cop go on and on about high moral standards and honesty and integrity. I've *witnessed* cops- cops who were supposed to be my shining example of "what a cop is"- outright lie for no better reason than to get out of a boring disturbance call. some would call them "white lies," but I'm not a Utilitarian- a lie is a lie is a lie.
    Why don't you do something about it then, instead of ranting about it? Why don't you become a cop, go to internal affairs, and bust "dirty" cops for white lies since it bothers you so much?

It takes intestinal fortitude to stand up for what you think is right. Why didn't you say something to the cop or to a supervisor when you were on your ride-a-long? You are a citizen and were a potential candidate, right?

Sounds like you got DQ'd and have a bone to pick with LE. But maybe I'm just generalizing/stereotyping, something you seem to have a problem with. So my apologies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Federale View Post
    No, I assure you, the extent of his marijuana abuse has eliminated any chance he had of getting most, if not all, 1811 Federal LE jobs. It doesn't matter if he speaks 7 languages and has been clean forever after. That's just a fact.
    Exactly. The proximity issue is not a concern anymore. The frequency of which he has partook in illegal drugs has DQed him forever from every LE position I'm familiar with.

Like I said in my first post, I've seen stranger things happen but those situations had some extenuating circumstances attached to them and never worked out in the long run.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    cop bashing? ho-ly shit.

I've tried to make two points-

1. This kid isn't necessarily disqualified from a career in law enforcement, if he gets his shit together and joins the Army or gets a degree.

2. All this self-righteous rhetoric about cops having chose a life of correctness and morality to get hired seems typical of the kind of hypocritical dickhead cop that soured ME to pursuing the Job.

The LE community is an exclusive club by nature. It's a personality/intelligence thing, as I said- but just because you got hired doesn't mean you're a saint. and it sure as hell doesn't make you one.

And no- I did not "DQ." I never applied. Whether or not I would have been hired is debatable, and your opinion is predictable.

Feedback Score
    cop bashing? ho-ly shit.

I've tried to make two points-

1. This kid isn't necessarily disqualified from a career in law enforcement, if he gets his shit together and joins the Army or gets a degree.
    And what, exactly, do you base your opinion on?

The REAL point is that people who actually know a thing or two about how LE hiring works have said that he's most definitely disqualified from pursuing Federal LE, and he's a long shot, at best, for local LE. As he stands right now, he's got almost no shot at all.

2. All this self-righteous rhetoric about cops having chose a life of correctness and morality to get hired seems typical of the kind of hypocritical dickhead cop that soured ME to pursuing the Job.

The LE community is an exclusive club by nature. It's a personality/intelligence thing, as I said- but just because you got hired doesn't mean you're a saint. and it sure as hell doesn't make you one.

And no- I did not "DQ." I never applied. Whether or not I would have been hired is debatable, and your opinion is predictable.
    And what's your basis of knowing what goes on in this "exclusive club" again?

Nobody is spouting self-righteous rhetoric here, except maybe YOU. What the original poster is getting from the LEOs (whose opinion he specifically asked for) is their opinion of his chances based on what he's written and based on what we happen to know about actually getting hired by a LE organization. As Skintop pointed out, you're way out of your lane.
    Last edited by Federale; 11-17-08 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Some great post have been made but to prevent this thread from hitting rock bottom or to save one of the moderators from babysitting it I'm going to close it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456