Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barrett Rec 10

Feedback Score

Barrett Rec 10

Does anyone have hands on with this rifle yet? Impressions?

Feedback Score
    Been looking at these too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post
    Been looking at these too.

I’m sure they are nice. Looking for a comparison to other .308 gas guns in the same price point?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prxr88 View Post
    I’m sure they are nice. Looking for a comparison to other .308 gas guns in the same price point?
    My little brother picked up a REC7 not long ago and I fell in love with it. I want the 308 version after seeing how relatively low they were priced. I spent some time with a 98b last year and it was awesome. Been a fan of Barrett ever since. Im curious how they stack up to some others.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I strongly considered one and went with an LMT instead for a similar price point.

All the adds for the Rec10 state that it is used by “a military”, but I cannot find which one/how many/etc. This wreaks of shady marketing and played a significant factor in not buying. Outside of that, the rifle is an otherwise plain offering in a field of outstanding rifles. Particularly, it’s main competition is LMT, LaRue, and Daniel Defense. All three of these have excellent offerings with more track record (with MWS having real contracts) and innovation than the Rec10 (which is still mostly proprietary).

So there really wasn’t anything wrong with the REC10, and the example I looked at seemed fine. The competition at the same price point is simply better. Had the REC10 come out in 2004 it may have been a huge success. Now? Not so much. For about the same price I pieced together a really nice LMT MWS, and I have no regrets.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    I strongly considered one and went with an LMT instead for a similar price point.

All the adds for the Rec10 state that it is used by “a military”, but I cannot find which one/how many/etc. This wreaks of shady marketing and played a significant factor in not buying. Outside of that, the rifle is an otherwise plain offering in a field of outstanding rifles. Particularly, it’s main competition is LMT, LaRue, and Daniel Defense. All three of these have excellent offerings with more track record (with MWS having real contracts) and innovation than the Rec10 (which is still mostly proprietary).

So there really wasn’t anything wrong with the REC10, and the example I looked at seemed fine. The competition at the same price point is simply better. Had the REC10 come out in 2004 it may have been a huge success. Now? Not so much. For about the same price I pieced together a really nice LMT MWS, and I have no regrets.

I also looked into what military adopted it and came up with nothing. I originally thought it was ours.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post

You cant go wrong with LMT either though.

Feedback Score

Barrett Rec 10

I got to handle one at the NRA show briefly and also one a few weeks ago at a gun shop that is actually near Barrett firearms. The fit and finish and balance were excellent. They are saying they are coming out with a precision model soon. I’m waiting for that to happen. wanting a large frame AR and looking at the Barrett and the new Daniel Defense

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    I got to handle one at the NRA show briefly and also one a few weeks ago at a gun shop that is actually near Barrett firearms. The fit and finish and balance were excellent. They are saying they are coming out with a precision model soon. I’m waiting for that to happen. wanting a large frame AR and looking at the Barrett and the new Daniel Defense

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I emailed Barrett a few days ago and he did say they plan on a precision model but did not have a timetable on release

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prxr88 View Post
    I emailed Barrett a few days ago and he did say they plan on a precision model but did not have a timetable on release
    I’m looking forward to checking that out. It will be near the end of the year anyway before I’m ready. But I must say that DD 6.5 with a 20 inch barrel, install a magpul PRS stock. That is tempting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast