Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrett Rec 10

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    I’m looking forward to checking that out. It will be near the end of the year anyway before I’m ready. But I must say that DD 6.5 with a 20 inch barrel, install a magpul PRS stock. That is tempting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    20” is what I want next, but the 6.5 worries me with barrel life. Thats why I held off with getting one. Read too many mixed reports to invest in it atm. Do you already own one in that caliber? If so have you noticed any drop in accuracy?

Feedback Score
    I’m looking forward to checking that out. It will be near the end of the year anyway before I’m ready. But I must say that DD 6.5 with a 20 inch barrel, install a magpul PRS stock. That is tempting

Nothing DD interests me at all anymore. May have to look into getting a LMT if Barrets long model isn’t announced

Feedback Score
    Any hands on use of the Barrett would be appreciated

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post
    20” is what I want next, but the 6.5 worries me with barrel life. Thats why I held off with getting one. Read too many mixed reports to invest in it atm. Do you already own one in that caliber? If so have you noticed any drop in accuracy?

I don’t. I’ll have a Remington PCR at the end of the month so I’ll be learning the ins and outs of the caliber. The DD has s chrome lined barrel so not sure what kinda barrel life to expect. Also wonder if using the heavier bullets with lower velocity if that’s makes a difference on barrel life.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I don’t. I’ll have a Remington PCR at the end of the month so I’ll be learning the ins and outs of the caliber. The DD has s chrome lined barrel so not sure what kinda barrel life to expect. Also wonder if using the heavier bullets with lower velocity if that’s makes a difference on barrel life.

I own LMT's and love them, however I bought a Colt CM with Mlok hand guard and that gun for $1,400 in my hands is hard to beat. Dumped several mags on Sunday, it just shoots and shoots. 308 or 6.5CM.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I own LMT's and love them, however I bought a Colt CM with Mlok hand guard and that gun for $1,400 in my hands is hard to beat. Dumped several mags on Sunday, it just shoots and shoots. 308 or 6.5CM.

PB
    I got a CM too. Excellent rifles.

Feedback Score

All of the mixed stuff I read pertained mostly to throat erosion due to almost identical case capacity, and propellant being forced through a small diameter bore. As to whether or not the barrels in question were lined/plated or not is debatable. Some reports claimed noticeable decreases in accuracy in as little as 2500 rds, others around 6k or so. So its really hard to say. Im sure bullet weights have a role in it as well to some degree. Let us know how you like it! I still want one eventually.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    I’m looking forward to getting a large frame AR. After this new bolt rifle adventure coming up. Haven’t been behind a bolt gun that much since the M24 when I was in the service. That colt looks interesting, if I wasn’t looking for more of a precision rifle I would check one out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12