G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Barrett Rec 10

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    36
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    Iím looking forward to checking that out. It will be near the end of the year anyway before Iím ready. But I must say that DD 6.5 with a 20 inch barrel, install a magpul PRS stock. That is tempting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    20Ē is what I want next, but the 6.5 worries me with barrel life. Thats why I held off with getting one. Read too many mixed reports to invest in it atm. Do you already own one in that caliber? If so have you noticed any drop in accuracy?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    Iím looking forward to checking that out. It will be near the end of the year anyway before Iím ready. But I must say that DD 6.5 with a 20 inch barrel, install a magpul PRS stock. That is tempting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing DD interests me at all anymore. May have to look into getting a LMT if Barrets long model isnít announced

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Any hands on use of the Barrett would be appreciated

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    95
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post
    20Ē is what I want next, but the 6.5 worries me with barrel life. Thats why I held off with getting one. Read too many mixed reports to invest in it atm. Do you already own one in that caliber? If so have you noticed any drop in accuracy?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I donít. Iíll have a Remington PCR at the end of the month so Iíll be learning the ins and outs of the caliber. The DD has s chrome lined barrel so not sure what kinda barrel life to expect. Also wonder if using the heavier bullets with lower velocity if thatís makes a difference on barrel life.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    5,203
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    I don’t. I’ll have a Remington PCR at the end of the month so I’ll be learning the ins and outs of the caliber. The DD has s chrome lined barrel so not sure what kinda barrel life to expect. Also wonder if using the heavier bullets with lower velocity if that’s makes a difference on barrel life.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I own LMT's and love them, however I bought a Colt CM with Mlok hand guard and that gun for $1,400 in my hands is hard to beat. Dumped several mags on Sunday, it just shoots and shoots. 308 or 6.5CM.

    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    36
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I own LMT's and love them, however I bought a Colt CM with Mlok hand guard and that gun for $1,400 in my hands is hard to beat. Dumped several mags on Sunday, it just shoots and shoots. 308 or 6.5CM.

    PB
    I got a CM too. Excellent rifles.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    36
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    I donít. Iíll have a Remington PCR at the end of the month so Iíll be learning the ins and outs of the caliber. The DD has s chrome lined barrel so not sure what kinda barrel life to expect. Also wonder if using the heavier bullets with lower velocity if thatís makes a difference on barrel life.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All of the mixed stuff I read pertained mostly to throat erosion due to almost identical case capacity, and propellant being forced through a small diameter bore. As to whether or not the barrels in question were lined/plated or not is debatable. Some reports claimed noticeable decreases in accuracy in as little as 2500 rds, others around 6k or so. So its really hard to say. Im sure bullet weights have a role in it as well to some degree. Let us know how you like it! I still want one eventually.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    95
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I own LMT's and love them, however I bought a Colt CM with Mlok hand guard and that gun for $1,400 in my hands is hard to beat. Dumped several mags on Sunday, it just shoots and shoots. 308 or 6.5CM.

    PB
    Iím looking forward to getting a large frame AR. After this new bolt rifle adventure coming up. Havenít been behind a bolt gun that much since the M24 when I was in the service. That colt looks interesting, if I wasnít looking for more of a precision rifle I would check one out


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •