Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronin Tactics TF Alternatives?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I really like my esstac belt, and if they make a molle version i'll buy it.

If i NEEDED molle, i'd go blue alpha gear.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I use HSGI sure grip padded belts. The neoprene grip on the inside of the belt pad keeps them solidly in place so like them. All the ones mentioned so far are good so you can’t go wrong.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Ditto on the HSGI. Just got through running it for a year down range and was very pleased with it, although initial setup was a beotch.

A buddy had the T. Rex Arms belt, which also appeared to be a good piece of kit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post

Has anyone experienced any issues with the under-spaced MOLLE on Ronin?
    One small issue...I'm running G Code Softshell Scorpion pistol mag pouches and attaching them using G Codes Molle clips. Because of the shorter spacing of the belt molle and that the pouches are universal so sized slightly larger/wider, I cannot get the pouches perfectly side by side...thus there is a, "larger than I would like" gap between them.

One possible solution is to mount one of the pouches using some type of clip that goes over the belt instead of using the molle. But so far I haven't been able to find a clip that is deep enough to fit over/around the thickness of the belt. But note that I really haven't looked too hard yet (just been busy).

The upside, as you noted, is that there is less shifting with the things you attach.

Feedback Score
    I've got a Grey Ghost Gear UGF BATTLE BELT, I love that its got a padded inner belt and can either be placed under belt loops or over a sweatshirt like a modern battle belt. I previously used a AWS belt, which worked, but I just really like throwing it over a rain gear or whatever as needed. I have a few things from Grey Ghost gear and I've been really happy with just about everything. I haven't used Ronin or HSGI, but I really have no want to move to anything else.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I'm using a Gear Dynamics Modular belt. It's been great. Used it weekly on the range, a shooting school, a couple FMPs, PMT, and Afghanistan. Slick kit from Canada.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have the Tyr Tactical gunfighter belt. I like it so far and been using it more than my HSGI padded belt. Really dig the smaller profile but still pulling up on the belt a bit when drawing mags but it's getting better which makes me feel it's a training issue(I needs to do more of).
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I sold my Robin, great belt but cost vs benefit wasn't there for me. I have an Esstac belt en route, I'll report back on my findings.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L84Cabp View Post
    One small issue...I'm running G Code Softshell Scorpion pistol mag pouches and attaching them using G Codes Molle clips. Because of the shorter spacing of the belt molle and that the pouches are universal so sized slightly larger/wider, I cannot get the pouches perfectly side by side...thus there is a, "larger than I would like" gap between them.

One possible solution is to mount one of the pouches using some type of clip that goes over the belt instead of using the molle. But so far I haven't been able to find a clip that is deep enough to fit over/around the thickness of the belt. But note that I really haven't looked too hard yet (just been busy).

The upside, as you noted, is that there is less shifting with the things you attach.
    Funny you say that - I actually run the same mag pouches. :doh: That was my concern. The upside is that I've experienced the same issue with them on my T-Rex Arms Orion, so I think it's more of an issue with those mag carriers in general than it is with the belt.

G-Code makes a full around-the-belt loop adapter for the Scorpion softshells - it replaces the molle clips you currently have installed. You may want to give those a try.

As an update, I purchased both the Ronin and the Volund Gearworks v3 belt. I haven't had a chance to run them yet, but I figured they were close enough yet also different enough that I should give them both a try.

Appreciate everyone's feedback here!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Or use one wrap velcro strips to mount the holder to the belt. It has both hook and loop on the same strip of velcro so you just run it through the molle and then around the belt. The belt loop hsgi mag holders actually sew one wrap on the holder as the belt loop so it fits all size belts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast