Thread: Gen2 G23 parts compatibility with Gen 3 G19

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Gen2 G23 parts compatibility with Gen 3 G19

I scored a G23 frame for $41 OTD. It is stripped, and only has locking blocks/rails and has 3 pins (odd? I thought all Gen2s were 2 pin)

If I buy a standard Gen3 G19 lower parts kit can I turn this into a lower that will work with a 9mm g19 upper?

I’m more concerned about the Gen3 parts working with a Gen2 lower than I am having compatibility issues between 9 and 40. As far as I know the only part on the lower that’s any different is the ejector which will be changed with the parts kit.

I already bought the parts so I guess I’ll find out soon but was wondering if you guys knew anything about this.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You should be fine. The frames are exact same with regard to caliber. The only difference is you may have a 2 pin frame as opposed to the 3 pin frame. No biggie, get the two pin block and rock on. Be advised you need a 2 pin specific extended slide stop which is readily available.

Aside from the pins and rail, the Gen 2 wasn’t as radical a change to Gen 3 as was the step to Gen 4 which has peculiar parts

ETA https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004275147

You can find on brownells or Glock store but this was just a quick truffle so you know what I mean

2nd ETA g19s were first for 3 pin. I didn’t read all preamble. You have all you need
    Last edited by Firefly; 08-28-19 at 20:27.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I scored a G23 frame for $41 OTD. It is stripped, and only has locking blocks/rails and has 3 pins (odd? I thought all Gen2s were 2 pin)

If I buy a standard Gen3 G19 lower parts kit can I turn this into a lower that will work with a 9mm g19 upper?

I’m more concerned about the Gen3 parts working with a Gen2 lower than I am having compatibility issues between 9 and 40. As far as I know the only part on the lower that’s any different is the ejector which will be changed with the parts kit.

I already bought the parts so I guess I’ll find out soon but was wondering if you guys knew anything about this.
    Should just make a 23........ just to be 100% sure.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Should just make a 23........ just to be 100% sure.
    Nobody needs 40 anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    As I recall, the 3-pin Gen2 frames came about due to Glock making the .40 guns. If there were any 2-pin Gen2 .40 guns sold, I suspect they didn't last long before locking blocks, trigger pins, or frames cracked. I'm not aware of any 2-pin .40 Gen2 Glocks from the factory, but on the internet, somebody always finds something I never knew existed.

Glock eventually standardized the frame manufacture and the 9mm models also got 3-pins through to the Gen4 product line.

According to Glock's parts list, the #4361 locking block used from 2000-2012 appear to be discontinued. If that G23Gen2 frame falls into that era (I think it will) and should need a locking block for any reason, that locking block part may be hard/difficult to find.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You should be G2G as a 19 or 23, whichever you want to make. The only real difference is that the 23 barrel has a larger diameter and will not work with a 19 slide So if you go 19 you will be limited to 9mm only. If you decide to make a 23, you can get a conversion barrel and shoot 9mm or 40. Depending on the SN range, you could also add a G32 barrel and shoot 357Sig. Three calibers - one gun.

As far as parts kits, the three pin Gen3 parts kit should work. What are the first four digits of your SN?
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    3 pin locking block OEM 4361 19/23 fits mfg year 2000-2012 models in stock

https://dsgarms.com/pistol-parts-glk-4361
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    As I recall, the 3-pin Gen2 frames came about due to Glock making the .40 guns. If there were any 2-pin Gen2 .40 guns sold, I suspect they didn't last long before locking blocks, trigger pins, or frames cracked. I'm not aware of any 2-pin .40 Gen2 Glocks from the factory, but on the internet, somebody always finds something I never knew existed.

Glock eventually standardized the frame manufacture and the 9mm models also got 3-pins through to the Gen4 product line.

According to Glock's parts list, the #4361 locking block used from 2000-2012 appear to be discontinued. If that G23Gen2 frame falls into that era (I think it will) and should need a locking block for any reason, that locking block part may be hard/difficult to find.
    You are correct. I appreciate your knowledge and time coming in here and sharing.

Firefly was actually able to find 4361 Locking blocks at Dsg arms. I bought three of them as I plan on getting more Gen2/3 frames. They have 11 more left in stock per their site.

From what I understand now that I have the locking block, all of the other parts will work from a “G19” into this G23 frame right?

I do not want to run 357 Sig or 40, ever.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Nobody needs 40 anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea, just make a 32!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalAF View Post
    Yea, just make a 32!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    SPLENDID IDEA, 357 Sig
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.