Thread: Midwest Industries QD 1.4 Scope Mount- User Feedback/Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Midwest Industries QD 1.4 Scope Mount- User Feedback/Thoughts?

Was looking into some QD scope mounts recently. That Scalar is killer, but to pricey so, back to others.
    Noticed the MI QD 1.4" offset and it seems nice- this option here;
    https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...qd30sm-blk.htm

Saw a few threads, but they're pretty old, so now that this has been on the market a few years, has anyone here used one much?
    How does it hold up? How well does it fit the scope in the rings (lapping issues and such)?
    Any bending/breakage/etc?

Seems like pretty much an ADM-Recon from all weight/size aspects, aside from the top-loading rings (which I kind of like a little better), so not sure if one is worth it over the other, or both pretty much the same thing...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    I have one of their mounts. Only used it a couple times so far but moving it off and on seems to retain zero every bit as good as a larue mount. So far I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I’ve liked their red dot mounts, but for $20 more I’d go with a Bobro.

https://www.mountsplus.com/bobro-30m...-extended.html
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have two of these mounts, and I'm still very happy with them. I think Midwest Industries is high quality for a fair price.

Feedback Score
    I have one and like it. Held up through 2 classes. Similar quality to ADM IMO

I would also take a look at the Larue LT204. You can get the mount and 4 ring halves for under $140. It is a very solid mount and what i have been using most recently. I also like the tool-less adjustment (midwest has this as well)

https://www.larue.com/products/lt204/

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I think 1.40 height is a little low for an LPVO mount. If I was looking for a new QD mount I think I would go with the new titanium ADM recon mounts. I have not heard bad things about the MW qd mounts however. Just remember you get what you pay for generally and the mounting interface for your sighting system generally isn't a place I would skimp if given a choice.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I assumed the 1.4” offset was the forward cant extending the scope rings?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I assumed the 1.4” offset was the forward cant extending the scope rings?
    You are correct.

From MI website:

"Offset from the first ring: 1.40 in.
    Distance - top of rail to center line of ring: 1.50 in."

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I mean, I have confidence in most MI things, so I'm sure the quality is good enough overall, just looking for long-term nitty-gritty stuff that may have popped up vs other mounts over the years since it's been released.

For example, I know a while back there was some folks talking about the mounting tension adjustment for the QD levers being a bit finicky- either a bit to tight, or a bit to loose, didn't seem to be able to get it quite right like other mounts mentioned above here.
    Given the mounts apparently have a 12-sided bolt head, maybe it was a one-off, but... there are also few real reviews of this device out there...
    Last edited by Jellybean; 08-31-19 at 16:06.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I think 1.40 height is a little low for an LPVO mount. If I was looking for a new QD mount I think I would go with the new titanium ADM recon mounts.
    This--all of it. The new ADM TI mount I had my eye on as well. They emailed yesterday and said likely not available now until Oct.