Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chest Rig Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Chest Rig Suggestions

I’m looking for a decent chest rig. I have an old tactical vest that I have used for a couple of classes over the years. It is very hot and uncomfortable. I’m no operator but I enjoy taking classes and also like to have my mags on my person during range days. I looked at the Viking Tactic chest rig. It looks very nice but I’m not sure that I want to spend $200 on it. 5.11 has one for $69 on their site. Does anyone have experience with these rigs or any other that they would recommend? I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Chest rigs aren’t the thing they used to be. The Molle belt is much more common now. Unless you regularly use a plate carrier, I would skip anxhest rig and go for a belt with mag pouches.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lew.45 View Post
    I’m looking for a decent chest rig. I have an old tactical vest that I have used for a couple of classes over the years. It is very hot and uncomfortable. I’m no operator but I enjoy taking classes and also like to have my mags on my person during range days. I looked at the Viking Tactic chest rig. It looks very nice but I’m not sure that I want to spend $200 on it. 5.11 has one for $69 on their site. Does anyone have experience with these rigs or any other that they would recommend? I would really appreciate hearing from you.
    If you already have pouches etc etc than I would go with a molle chest rig and add what you want.

A decent solution that covers a lot of options with good reviews. $125
    https://www.skdtac.com/PIG-UCR-Unive...-p/pig.667.htm

I personally went with a molle chest rig for having more custom options but i did add the x-harness from tactical tailor to make it more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    I like UW gear chest rigs. Simple, good mag retention, light, and really sturdy. I have their minute man 4, but they’ve got some other good designs too. Just a heads up, everything is handmade and lead times can be a couple months.

https://uwgearinc.com/
    Last edited by magister; 08-29-19 at 19:36.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    I like UW gear chest rigs. Simple, good mag retention, light, and really sturdy. I have their minute man 4, but they’ve got some other good designs too. Just a heads up, everything is handmade and lead times can be a couple months.

https://uwgearinc.com/
    I'd like to pick up one of their Swamp Fox 4 rigs in .308.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'd like to pick up one of their Swamp Fox 4 rigs in .308.
    The swamp fox is a neat set up. If buying today, I’d give a hard look at the mini swamp fox or mini minuteman.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post

Best option for around $100. I do find a belt more useful though, but that'll cost even more.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    If you already have pouches etc etc than I would go with a molle chest rig and add what you want.

I personally went with a molle chest rig for having more custom options but i did add the x-harness from tactical tailor to make it more comfortable.

I know, old post, but.....

I've used this chest rig but with an X harness for a little bit now. It's not bad but I don't know about using AR mags in it. So far I've only used it for AK mags. One AK mag takes up more space, and is heavier than an AR mag. You can stick 2 AR mags in one pouch or 1 AK mag. Because of the weight and overall size I don't think one AR mag will stay in place if you're running around

Feedback Score
    I’m very happy with the 5.11 rig. It is comfortable and holds 6 mags. I’ll be using it during a class this weekend so far so good!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I've got a slightly older Eagle M4/6-MS-LE-CCA that i really like, as a compliment to my belt. Belt is DEFINITELY go-to gear, but the rig is extremely simple. It does NOT require lacing into the belt; it only holds 3 AR mags. I have a small IFAK on it weak-side (doesn't interfere with my sling) and radio pouch as well. It has a pouch behind the mags just perfect for a 6" x 8" panel of body armor, so I slid some III-A in there.

It's not at all bulky, and as noted, it is much more user-friendly I think - particularly WITH a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I know, old post, but.....

I've used this chest rig but with an X harness for a little bit now. It's not bad but I don't know about using AR mags in it. So far I've only used it for AK mags. One AK mag takes up more space, and is heavier than an AR mag. You can stick 2 AR mags in one pouch or 1 AK mag. Because of the weight and overall size I don't think one AR mag will stay in place if you're running around
    https://www.skdtac.com/PIG-UCR...ver...-p/pig.667.htm

I have successfully used multiple of these for years in classes and training and keep them as Go Rigs in my various kit. I use Kydex inserts on the middle pouches for AR mags and the Velcro works fine for the outer pouches.

I prefer the X harness for ease of donning and have shot in all positions with no glaring issues. I add a side pouch for medical and the pistol mag pockets are great for a multitool, light, lube, and of course pistol mags! I also keep a foldable dump pouch on the lower chest/waist strap just in case.

It's nice to have multiple identical rigs spread around for a nominal cost in addition to my specialty setups.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast