Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chest Rig Suggestions

Feedback Score
    Aside from some of their pants, I have found 5.11 to be pretty much garbage when it comes to hard use gear.

For an all around GP chest rig the velocity systems is a good option

https://www.velsyst.com/556-hybrid-chest-rig.html

For lightweight and minimalist it's hard to go wrong with the blue force gear

https://www.blueforcegear.com/ten-sp...chest-rig.html
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    Aside from some of their pants, I have found 5.11 to be pretty much garbage when it comes to hard use gear.

For an all around GP chest rig the velocity systems is a good option

https://www.velsyst.com/556-hybrid-chest-rig.html

For lightweight and minimalist it's hard to go wrong with the blue force gear

https://www.blueforcegear.com/ten-sp...chest-rig.html
    Velocity does make fantastic stuff.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would look into the spiritus systems stuff. Their chest rigs are very modular and they’re always adding stuff to their lineup. If you’re looking for something very basic, they have the bank robber chest rig for $49. You do have to purchase the straps separately, but it comes out to about $85 for the whole rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm getting to the point in my training that having a couple of mags on a regular leather 1.5 belt is not going to cut it. But the idea of all that weight on my waist also does not sound good.

So I started looking at chest rigs. These have me the most interested.

D3CRM Micro - Haley Strategic

Chesty Rig Mini Harness - Ferro Concepts

The Haley is basically one and done with its design. You just choose the insert.

The Ferro is much more modular.

I have noticed the switch to belts so I'm going to have to consider all of my options.

Are there many belt & suspenders options out there? If so do they help spread the load better than just a belt?
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I'm getting to the point in my training that having a couple of mags on a regular leather 1.5 belt is not going to cut it. But the idea of all that weight on my waist also does not sound good.

So I started looking at chest rigs. These have me the most interested.

D3CRM Micro - Haley Strategic

Chesty Rig Mini Harness - Ferro Concepts

The Haley is basically one and done with its design. You just choose the insert.

The Ferro is much more modular.

I have noticed the switch to belts so I'm going to have to consider all of my options.

Are there many belt & suspenders options out there? If so do they help spread the load better than just a belt?
    After much research, I recently had the same dilemma. Here's how it broke down for me:

Both will attach to a plate carrier.

If you need the ability to run just rifle mags, go with the Ferro.

If you are only going to run rifle + two pistol mags (or simply all pistol mags), go with the Haley.

I do believe the Ferro has a better build quality, but it's more expensive and you must purchase EVERYTHING separately.

The Haley comes with everything you need except the main inserts, plus it has a dedicated admin compartment and is cheaper.

In the end, I went with the Haley rig.
    Last edited by Skyyr; 08-31-19 at 10:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Not necessarily aimed at the OP, nut anyone looking for info on Chest Rigs...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-the-Chest-Rig

Doc put a lot of info into this thread and others have shared their examples.
    Great place to start.

Also, Flannel Daddy did a decent Chest Rig Comparison. His reviews are unusually well thought out for the interwebz.

Per Doc, you need to know what you are trying to accomplish before you start building up a rig. That will tell you what you need the rig to carry. Something for a long distance patrol is very different than a rig you toss on over slick armor to add a bunch of ammo and capability to a low-viz armor setup, etc.

Feedback Score
    I have spent most of my free time the last couple of days looking at chest rigs! I found most of them to have way to much stuff on them. All that I really wanted was to carry spare mags for my AR’s on a chest rig. I ended up ordering a 5.11 Tac Tec Chest rig. I hope that I’m not disappointed but like I said I just wanted to be able to hold spare mags. I’ll let you all know my thoughts after I try it. I feel like I really over complicated a simple issue. Lol

Feedback Score
    I’ve been running the AK/M4 micro rig from SOE for several years. Works great. Everything I need and nothing I don’t. Plus they make them for .308, shotgun, and PCC. They’re kinda built too good. For $100 or a little more for some camo patterns, I’ll probably be passing it down to my kid. You could look into that if the 5.11 doesn’t work for you.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is anyone else using the Blue Force Ten Speed chest rig? I am looking for something extremely minimalist for a just-in-case 3 or 4 mag only carrier and it seems to be one of the better options I've found.

I would leave it loaded with mags so my only concern is the elastic stretching out over time.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I would leave it loaded with mags so my only concern is the elastic stretching out over time.
    I used a 10-speed M4 pouch for like 5 years and it never lost the ability to hold a mag or smoke. They may look "stretched", but they will still work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast